Car icons RC 1133

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Petethepawn, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Re latest RC does below, does this mean I can easily take a photo in this showroom and save the file in the correct format without having to use a third party easy icon creator showroom to create car icons?
    • Added Sideview UI showroom for taking screenshots of cars for icons.

2. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

I would guess so, as the Sideview showroom has been available in Devmode for a few months already. You just load the car you want and press either 1 or 2 (can't remember which, one turns off the background one switches it back on). Make sure you have set the correct screenshot file format with alpha channel (player.json or maybe in the UI) and take your screenshot. You then should have an image ready to use to create the icon files in the rF2 screenshot folder.

Kahel and Petethepawn like this.
  3. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

Thanks I’ll give it a try

4. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

It works good. I used the uiiconcreator to create the sized icons as required - but as you can on my last screenshot the car icons are very small compared to the covered cars. Any ideas on how to make them bigger - it seems they need a big resolution - hoping there is a setting somewhere to configure?

Attached Files:

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Seems it's not cropping correctly. @Julien Lemoine made one for www.simmanagementsystem.com, but I don't know how it works.