Car Haulers appearing when garages occupied.

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Woodee, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I have seen on a couple of tracks that when you add players/AI a truck gets be added next to the pit garage. Is this random or can I paint the trucks with the appropriate logos depending on what car is loaded? Something I can change in the track files/textures?

This happened recently on a version of Sears Point (Infineon Raceway)

2. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Been a while so things might have changed since, AFAIK the Pitgroup is what determines which texture gets loaded. Unfortunately there is no standardization of which Veh has what Pitgroup, also lacking is a standard for the individual track maker to follow to sync a wildcarded texture back to those pitgroup. If you made the track and the mod, you can get the things to align. Example: Car #44 has Pitgroup44 which loads meshes with appropriate 44 liveried hauler, pitbox, etc. Or at least that is how I remember it (working with a migraine and fuzzy memory here, so grain of salt).

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Thanks for the info... I might do some more digging and experimenting then.

4. lordpantsington

Feeling slightly better, so I did some digging. Here's what I remember from rf1: driving a Porsche out of a Corvette paddock tent space at some track, also a randomly assigned pitcrew texture something like a Peugeot whilst driving Audi. I started looking through the tracks I thought this occurred at: St.pete, Sebring (pre-V-LM), Road America, Limerock. Looking specifically at pit tents I can find no special instances linking back to Pitgroups. It appears my post above was full of ****? Perhaps I've linked the garage door trigger to something I shouldn't have?

Anyways I came across this post: http://www.thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13385&view=next
    and this:
    http://www.thepits.us/files/tutorials/ISI_named_materials_01.pdf

Also in patchnotes for 1150 this:
    Maybe that is what I was remembering?

Now granted that is rf1 info, hopefully it wasn't stripped out for rf2?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2015
  5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Still not sure what those patch notes are getting at.

I think in the rfm in rfactor 2 there is a way to assign people to pitgroups, but I am not sure what to adjust in here:

Also the commands in the latest patch notes:

6. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

On rF2 tracks there is "pdoorXX" instance, which will appear/disappear depending on if garage spot is used or not. This is build-in function in the game.

Now, track builders can group any objects they want to "pdoorXX" instance, which will appear/disappear within rules mentioned above. Many times these objects are team haulers, pitbooths etc.

AFAIK pdoor instance is bound to car number, which makes possible to track down correct texture (hauler texture, for instance) from track mas - file and paint it. Then you need to repack track if you like to use it in SP and/or MP modes.

Cheers

7. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

That would be pitbox## instance, not pdoor##. The pdoor instance gets removed from the scene when the garage is occupied; pitbox gets added.

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

In the track I'm investigating this option I found: PDOOR00.GMT - PDOOR19.GMT and PITBOX01.GMT - PITBOX40.GMT

I found a huge map full of different truck textures that appear on track when the garage is occupied.

How can I guarantee the right sponsored truck to appear when a certain number car enters the pits.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
  9. lordpantsington

I don't think you can, unless you have creative control over both the track and vehicles.

If I had creative control this is how I would attempt it:
    Assign the vehicle number to the "Pitgroup="Group#" " entry in the VEH file
    Allow only one car to each pit with "PitGroup = 1, Group#" in the RFM
    Paint a Hauler texture to correctly to match the car.
    Attach the hauler mesh to the appropriate Pitbox# and export as one GMT.*
    *You Might be able to just tack on another MeshFile reference in the Pitbox# Instance in the track's SCN.

**It might be worth testing by assigning a WCExtra# material to a trackside object mesh and see if it reacts to skinning. Only way I think you can you be sure a truck matches a livery, even if the livery changes.

10. Emery

Emery Registered

I can see how that would work if the track is only used with one mod, but wouldn't that be dangerous if a random second mod is used that has no WCExtra textures?