can't start the game

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by male07mdl, Aug 19, 2023.

1. male07mdl

male07mdl Registered

when i launch the game, it shows me this image
    [​IMG]
    i can't do anything here and it doesn't seem to progress anywhere. launching dev mode gives me this screen
    [​IMG]
    can't do anything here as well. i've tried deleting UserData folder, verifying game files, installing runtimes, tried different graphics options in the graphics configuration, but nothing helped. also tried old ui, previous release and v1125 through betas, but that didn't work as well. old ui gives the 2nd image, v1125 gives poorly scaled game logo in fullscreen. i don't know if this is relevant, but installing game only downloads about 2 gb, launching through old ui the launcher downloaded some mods from workshop, about 15 or 20 gb and now game folder is 25 gb

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The old version shows what happens when you've overridden the decimal separator in your windows regional settings (e.g. setting it to a comma instead of a fullstop). Check your regional formatting options and maybe set them to default. I'm not sure that it has the above effect on the new UI, but I'd try it as it definitely caused that bug on the old one.

3. male07mdl

male07mdl Registered

interesting bug, weird that it hasn't been fixed. i use comma instead of a dot for decimals, switching to dot made it run fine

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, I think this first cropped up maybe in 2017 or something (could be earlier, I might be confusing different issues...), the fact it never got fixed suggests they're using a library to parse configuration files that doesn't allow them to check for and override the various symbols. It's a shame, but at least the solution isn't too difficult once you know about it; hopefully it won't affect you too much with other apps/usage. You never know, someone might have made a tool to easily automate changing those settings if you need to keep switching.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

EVERYone says the USA should be more like the rest of the world...when they cain't even tell the difference 'tween a dot and the little drop down curly thingie??? :)
    Perhaps mention this to @redapg , he might be able to come up with something.

6. redapg

redapg Registered

Sorry, but "No" i'm not. :)
    @Lazza has said everything already.