Can't play the game

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Feca0, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Feca0

Feca0 Registered

It crashes when loading the track! Sometimes immediately, sometimes after a while.

I can't race in this game and don't know why...
    It just crash without any error message when the track is loading.

When I first launch it (I bought yesterday) the game doesn't want to download the content, so I selected two of them, launched the game and somehow it downloaded everything.

Because of this problem, after tried racing (failed) I reinstalled, but that didn't help.

I didn't try multiplayer and all car - track combination, but I think it need to work.

And a few more:
    - If you give special character to your controller preset (in my case: รก) = crash;
    - If you press customize car or something like that = crash - probably related to the main problem;
    - Can't write @ character but in game sometimes need it;
    within 119 minutes of 'gameplay', impressive. :mad:

2. lagg

lagg Registered

If you have installed the demo previously, delete all the files of the demo folder.
    Forget to use every non english character to avoid problems.
    The pc specs needed to use the game are much higher than the demo specs.
    What are your systrn specs?

3. Feca0

Feca0 Registered

I deleted the demo folder from steamapps\common, but I this was a different folder, how is it affect the full game? Nevermind. Is there any other place where I need to delete something which related to the demo?
    (I writed my in game name as simple as possible without any space or special character)
    My PC (laptop) specs:
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U (2.40GHz)
    RAM: 12 GB
    I updated DirectX and video card driver.
    But if this a problem I would be suprised, because I play games like F1 2021, Project cars 2, RaceRoom, Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally 2.0...

4. lagg

lagg Registered

I don't think that your system specs are enough to use rF2.
    rF2 uses much more resources than the games that you have mentioned.
    The frecuency of the physics is much higher (needs more CPU speed) and the graphics engine is bad optimised (needs better GPU).
    I bought last christmas a new laptop because the old one couldn't execute the last versions of rF2
    My system specs were similas to yours
    Intel Core i5-6198DU
    Nvidia GeForce 920MX 2GB
    8 GB de tipo DDR4 a 2133Mhz

5. Feca0

Feca0 Registered

When I bought the game, I knew this will not run smoothly, but it doesn't launch at all (with 0 ai opponent). At least in Assetto Corsa if I set the ai number too high it will run, not well but it's running.
    If this is the case I'm very sad :(

The demo is outdated and according to Wikipedia: "A game demo is a usually freely distributed piece of a video game. Demos are typically released by the game's publisher to help consumers get a feel of the game before deciding whether to buy the full version and/or keep it." I think about that the full version will not as smooth as it was in the demo, but not in this way.
    And also the Steam store page doesn't give you the correct information... (I doesn't watch it when I bought)

But anyway, thank you for the information!

lagg likes this.
  6. Emmanuel Galea

Emmanuel Galea Registered

Hi all, can someone help me with a problem, I am having with Rfactor 2. After updating the packages, the Game Ctds and I return to the Steam page to load the game. Can someone let me know how to fix this problem. Thanks.

7. Hinyaldee

Hinyaldee Registered

I do have the same crash issue when going into the customization menu for cars. When I try to leave from it, the game crashes. It started doing that only after last week. It wasn't doing it beforehand.