cant open rfmod file

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glenner, Jan 23, 2012.

1. glenner

glenner Registered

after downloading the torrent for the extra cars using u torrent how do i transfer the file from utorrent to my rfactor2 packages folder..when i press open file in utorrent i get a box saying incorrect command line...i think 7zip tries to open it..
    do i need a program to open rfmod files?

2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

3. Heretic_NZ

Heretic_NZ Registered

Try placing the downloaded torrent file (utorrent would have downloaded them to a specific place on your harddrive) it should have a rfmod extension (eg blah.rfmod) cut and paste (thanks Jim Beam :D)them into "documents/RF2/packages" folder then load rf2 and in the launcher screen (the little one) you go to "manage files" it should see them there in the list. Then right click on one and install it (well thats what I had to do as I have the rfmod files in a different location) you will have to install all of them and then the update for the formularenault35s.

Hope this helps you out!! :cool:

4. glenner

glenner Registered

im such a dumb ass lol...you know what they say,its only easy if u know the answer...
    thanks mate youve made my day got it all working now...well im gunna spend the rest of the day on rfactor 2...
    thanks again ur a star.

5. Heretic_NZ

Heretic_NZ Registered

All good, yer its a blast I love the worldclass60s racing its the best :)

6. glenner

glenner Registered

yeh looking forward to it...i was getting bored and dizzy driving the rtrainers cars round and round the oval track lol..

7. Heretic_NZ

Heretic_NZ Registered

You'll love it, im glad you got it sorted as the game is awesome. Totally worth the $ for the beta, I just need some more servers down this neck of the world :cool:

8. glenner

glenner Registered

have you tried project cars?the videos look awsome,ive installed the beta but i think you have to pay about 10 euros to play it...

9. Heretic_NZ

Heretic_NZ Registered

Nah might give it ago. Cheers!!

10. glenner

glenner Registered

ive downloaded all the files into my packages folder but the 1960s mod isnt showing in my mod management folder..the f3.5 and renault migane have installed fine

11. Heretic_NZ

Heretic_NZ Registered

Hmmmm bugger, just check it has the right extension (blah.rfmod), and try to place it in there again but remove the other one first. If this doesnt work try to download the file again but without using torrents, then repeat the process. You could also try to install it via a different folder as in the mod manager you can choose where to look for packages. If you dont have any luck ill check this forum from time to time today and hopefully we can sort it out for you very soon. :D

Also try what is writtern in this thread: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3190-My-Fix-for-RFMOD-not-seen-by-the-game.?p=39039#post39039

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012