Can't Launch at all

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Deano89, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Deano89

Deano89 Registered

Hi guys,

I'm new to RF2 and have heard nothing but good things about the realism and accuracy of the handling. I'm hoping to use it as a tool to push my learning alongside iRacing.

I bought it awhile ago along with several DLCs (and I recently heard of the KartSim add-on which seems like a sweet deal to me). However, whenever I try to launch it, it refuses to. I only get to the initial menu screen, and whenever I click on single player, nothing happens. I have all the Windows 10 updates on my machine, I tried installing the C++ files manually as suggested in other forums where I posted about this, no dice. I also tried reinstalling over and over.

Anybody else have the same issue and what was your fix? Figured I'd give this another go as I'm strongly motivated to make the most of this sim and what it can teach.

Cheers. :)

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

By C++ updates, do you mean running and installing all 4 files in the Support\Runtimes folder?

3. Deano89

Deano89 Registered

Yes, that's the solution I tried along with reinstalling. No luck

4. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

check out the other "game wont launch/start" threads, theres plenty of solutions thrown around by now (and a sticky with those solutions wouldn´t be a bad idea)