cant install the karts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GCCRacer, Mar 31, 2014.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Sorry for making a separate topic but no one's answering in the massive thread.

Me and at least one second user get "can't verify" error in Mod manager trying to install the karts. No matter how often and from where we download the file.

Do karts require B590? Normally Tim would have mentioned this? Is anyone running them on B494?

2. JGraf

JGraf Registered

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks for pointing that out again, actually not yet because I'm afraid it might cause other problems down the road.

I can of course, but I'd rather understand why it's happening and do it "proper way" if possible.

Most of all I would simple like to hear from ISI if the Karts need the latest build. For all other recent content this was always clearly specified on the release thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
  4. MJP

MJP Registered

Well the Karts don't seem to *need* the latest build they run ok for me in B494, all you get is a message in the car selection screen that says B590 is recommended.

Maybe there's something that doesn't work quite as it should but I wouldn't worry about it, run them as they are or uninstall them.

5. PMC

PMC Registered

This

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks PMC for pointing this out.

MJP, where you able to normally install the file or did you also circumvent the verification error?

Right now B494 is running great for me offline, and B590 has other issues (night lighting for example) that I would rather not take on. FFB on my weak wheel is not my biggest concern...

It would be great if this stuff gets posted for content releases.

7. DocJones

DocJones Registered

You can have both builds installed at the same time. Just make sure they don't share the same 'data and settings' folder. The easiest way doing so is by not installing 'core' in C:\Program Files\ (create C:\Games\ instead for example, or use a different partition to begin with), then using the same path for 'data and settings' aswell.