Cant download virtual mods

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by squeech, Feb 10, 2013.

1. squeech

squeech Registered

Hi there,

I can't download virtual mods in game by using "Get Mod". It worked in earlier versions but not anymore (don't know whether it has to do with the new version or not). When i press "Get Mod" it says:

"Checking mod. Name of mod goes here." - nothing happens - and than: "Mod could not be installed. Mod download failed."
    My firewall doesn't block anything regarding rF2.

Seems like the game can't connect to the server. I can join the servers however, when i downloaded virtual mods on the server's Homepage. (like InternationalSimRacing who upload them separately on their web space).

Maybe it's a port thing or something. I don't know.

Hope you can help me!

Flo

2. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Alot of the servers you are trying to join might have cars with different skins and the like. When I cant join or get into a server, I just assume I dont have all the correct components the server asks and , not necessarily a problem with anyone, just not the right bits!

Most of the servers have their own website with your normal registration process, then download all their stuff :)

This is a good start bloke,

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/6938-IsR-Vmod-Collection

Once you get the Vmods, you can then determine which tracks you will also need for each server through the Mod Manager properties.

Hope that helps matey.

:)

3. Pluginz

Pluginz Registered

Half read your post sorry, yeah , just make sure you have all the right tracks as well :)

4. squeech

squeech Registered

Well I mapped all the ports mentioned to host a server and now i can download virtual Mods again!! Problem solved...

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

So to get the mods I have to have all the components already, the virtual mod just arranges them the way the server has it?

6. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Yes, that pretty much sums it up.

7. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Something that happened this afternoon that I noticed, I clicked on the Get mod and hit enter..It has always worked before.

This happened 2-3 times..same result..nothing...and then back to the full lobby view.

Hmmm...what's up with that..

What finally did the trick...get mod...and clicked the button with the mouse... the download started.

So to see if it would do it again, I deleted the file I just downloaded..and tried again...same result..no file and bounced back to the lobby.

Now I have done this by just hitting enter since forever...now it takes use of the mouse..like it is suppose to ... LOL

Just a thought

Dave