Can't bind keys properly, which leads to other problems in rf2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Metamer, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Metamer

Metamer Registered

I have only gotten rf2 to work properly once, and ever since then, I have had several problems that make it unplayable.

I think the main issue is that I can't bind keys properly. Any time I try to bind a key, it automatically binds the "PAUSE" key instead of whichever key I am trying to bind. In a race, the "PAUSE" key seems to be pressed automatically and continuously, so whatever I tried to bind gets activated over and over again.

Right now the FOV is way off for VR and I can't reset it, seemingly due to this "PAUSE" key issue. So I can't do anything and it's really frustrating because the one time it did work I had a great experience.

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on, and how to fix it? I already tried uninstalling rf2 through Steam and reinstalling it, but that didn't seem to do anything useful.

Perhaps I need to remove some registry keys too?

Any help is welcome. Thanks!

In terms of hardware, I have:

Logitech Craft Wireless Keyboard
    Logitech Trackball
    Fanatec Podium DD2 Wheelbase
    Porsche 918 RSR Wheel
    Clubsport V3i pedals
    Fanatec 7-speed shifter
    Fanatec handbrake
    NLR v3 Motion Platform
    Windows 10 w/ latest updates
    Varjo Aero
    Intel Core i9 10900K @ 5 GHz
    EVGA RTX 3090
    128 GB Trident Z Royal DDR4 RAM

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like one of your controllers is causing an issue. Any chance you have an xbox controller plugged in? Sometimes you'll see issues with them. Only thing I can suggest is to unplug everything except your keyboard and mouse, and then add everything back one by one until you find the culprit.

3. Metamer

Metamer Registered

I have the Xbox wireless receiver plugged in, but the controller isn't connected when I'm using the simulator. Regardless, I'll try unplugging the receiver next time. Thanks!

4. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

@Metamer did you ever solve this. If so could you please tell me how? Thanks!