SOLVED Cannot Race Daytona RC Prototype Online/ Bought Content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SteveMack, Dec 12, 2023.

1. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Hi,
    Trying to race at the Daytona Prototype race online.
    I have the bought the cars and the track installed and I can't race.
    First it said Missing Content on the Join Practice button, I then went and bought
    the track.
    Now when I try to join practice I get the gray screen with the 2 buttons for
    either the main menu or close rfactor2 Trying to get a screen shot, I have restarted rf2 and
    my computer also.
    I can't get the screen shot because the race already started.
    But it's the gray screen with 2 buttons with message "unable to install server mod restart rfactor2" something like that. I will try to find it.
    Alright screen shot is below, I have the content installed, all it says about the race is 2 cars available, there is no list of any other cars. I own the car and track.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I can't look at the exact details as I don't meet the Driver Safety requirements. But I do see where it displays a message about two cars available. Unfortunately, I do not see any mention of which two cars are needed. I have the LMP2 Oreca & Ligier, and the two LMP3 cars, as well as the various Vanwalls & other official S397 prototypes. It would be beneficial if the information screens could list all the components even for those not participating.

3. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

It's the Ligier and Norma, that's all that came up when I purchased the content, the track wasn't even on the list to purchase. I used both the cars and track, so they are good. I don't know what track version they are using, but the track did not come up for purchase.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

There is only one version of Daytona that would be used on the official servers. That would be the Laser Scanned Daytona available in the rF2 store. This will be true, I think, for ALL officially hosted races. Only S397 content will be allowed. There are plenty of free tracks like Portland, Nola, Lime Rock etc so they will be able to keep some of the content free. But as the various competitions move from week to week, having all the DLC tracks will eventually become a necessity. Mod users will still be able to host/join races on their own servers that use 3rd party cars & tracks. Only the officially hosted events/series will need official cars & tracks.
    Finally I guess I would suggest ensuring the cars & track(s) were installed properly. Look at the top of most menu screens to see if you have any pending content. If so click on that, then click on the box to install pending updates.

5. redapg

redapg Registered

@SteveMack The shown Error Message doesn't only mean that you don't have all necessary Content installed, it also gets displayed, if you have a 3rd Party Mod for one of the used Components installed, like a Skin Pack for Example.
    So check, if one or more of the used Components have any non official Mods installed and if they have, uninstall them, when they have been installed manually or unsubscribe from them, if they are Workshop Mods.

davehenrie likes this.
  6. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

That would be the track that I have, I have purchased content before and I n stalled pendings and manually installed stuff so I am experienced with that. I didn't shut down my computer and then restarted I just did the restart, I joined a different practice with a different track and car to test and that was fine, I do have some skins for dpi that are only partially installed so if it don't work on a fresh computer boot then I will delete that, I should probably delete it anyway because the skin pack won't install, I have purchased the dpi cars a long time ago, I got the skin pack first and I believe it was free third-party.
    I do thank you for your help.
    Steve

7. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

I do have a dpi skin pack that only partially installed, I believe it is free third-party, it never fully installed so I am going to wait and see if I can join the track after a fresh computer boot, if not I will uninstall the pack and try again. I am going to uninstall it anyway but I want to confirm it was the problem first.

Emery and redapg like this.
  8. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Hopefully you get it going. Did a race last night and it's a fun combo.

pkelly likes this.
  9. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Ok,
    Thanks Everybody.
    It was the dpi skin pack that was causing the problem, uninstalled it and it works.
    Thanks
    Steve

Emery and davehenrie like this.