Cannot Connect to Server - Matcher Status: Server Listing Updated

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by zerocool, Oct 21, 2014.

1. zerocool

zerocool Registered

I apologize for starting a new thread but I could not find anyone with the same problem using the search option in the forum.

This is my current status:
    [​IMG]

I can see the server on the list, I can connect to the server, and the game even installs the mod, but then nothing happens. I suspect there is something wrong with the way I created the server or vmod. I have created several vmods with the same result.

My current vmod:
    [​IMG]

I notice the status is not what it should be. I see "Matcher Status: Server Listing Updated"
    I read that when the server is running it should say "Matcher Status: Server added Successfully"

I am using the default ports in the "Multiplayer.JSON" file

"HTTP Server Port":64297,
    "Simulation Port":54297,

The ports are open in my firewall and forwarded in my router.
    Here is a screenshot of the open ports at the bottom of the list on the router settings:
    [​IMG]

This is my first attempt at an RF2 server, I have hosted RF1 servers for years and I understand them pretty well.
    If anyone can help me get my server going I would much appreciate it. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
  2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Do you use a password?

What color is your server listed in the matchmaker list? grey, yellow, blue, green or red?

Do you use a separate install for your server?

Do you use a separate host machine?

3. zerocool

zerocool Registered

NO
    Green (now)
    Yes
    Yes, my server is at another location

So I FINALLY got it all working tonight. The Select rFM directory was messed up, when I changed it to my actual packages dir, it all came to life and the light turned green.

I was also to create 2 more servers so I have 3 now. Which leads me to my next inquiry.
    I could not get the "Creating another rFactor 2 profile" working. I ended up installing rf2lite a couple more times on my server computer

Is it me or does the information below not work? The instructions are fairly simple but I could never get it working.

Creating Multiple Server Instances (profiles)

One does not need to have multiple installations for this to work. The only thing necessary is to create additional rFactor 2 profiles and configure them appropriately.

Creating another rFactor 2 profile:
    Go to the Data path (have a look into Core\data.path in the installation folder) and change into the Userdata directory. There is the default profile folder named "player". Create a copy of that folder and name it, so you can remember it. In this Howto the new profile folder will be named "server". Now change into the just created directory ("server") and rename the file "player.PLR" to the name of the new folder, i.e. "server.PLR" in our example.
    You now have a new folder named "server" in Userdata, that contains the file "server.PLR". That is all you need to do to create a new profile. Check if it works, by clicking "Host" in the rFactor 2 Launcher, you will see the new profile name in the drop down menu: