Can we have fixed setups in some ISI servers?

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Hany Alsabti, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Registered

It would be very nice if we get fixed setups in some of the servers. I see allot of people leaving as soon as they find out that with the default setup they don't stand a chance.

It's also a good way to see who really is fast without the perfect setup.

last but not least is more track time and less setup fiddling.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

2. Andreas Binz

Andreas Binz Registered

It's a good idea to drive a car with the default set and all others too.

;) Hany do you think the fast guys (alien's) are slow or drive suddenly in the midfield with the default ? I don't think so :)

3. Domine

Domine Registered

+1

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

Agree :)

5. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Registered

I don't think so but at least we will know who the real fast/aliens racers are. I myself feel frustrated when I know that some guy is using a magical setup to achieve a track record in a given combination. With fixed setups everyone will have the same chance in achieving a quick lap.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Forget the others and run for yourself. Some people are just very consistent and can tweak a setup. On the other hand it is sad that so many games can be exploited via setups, I was partaking in a DTM league where a newcomer had unrealistic values for his setup and was leading the field.

7. LowRider

LowRider Registered

To be fair.
    Everyone have the same chance to create a "magical" setup and by association even now the same chance in achieving a quick lap!

8. Hany Alsabti

Hany Alsabti Registered

Only true if u know how and have the time.

9. smithaz

smithaz Registered

+1 I like the idea of fixed setups, no pressure for changing setup if your new to the car.

10. CRex

CRex Registered

Interesting that one of the fastest drivers think so too. How much setup magic was necessary to achieve 1:01.197 with Megane @Malaysia north? How much slower with baseline setup?

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Has anyone ever asked the fast guys for a setup? Most are willing to share. But I think you would be surprised how little it has to do with setup though. Fast guys can be fast with any car and any setup. I do however like specs. Many aliens like specs... that way they don't get accused of having "magic" setups.

12. smithaz

smithaz Registered

That lap isnt repeatable every day, i usually go in mid 101's. I just did 10laps with default setup apart from wing 6 and brake balance forward 3 clicks and managed a 1.01.432. Downforce is worth a lot of time difference but other than that a setup is only worth the last few tenths, and evening out tyre wear.

13. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yeah the differences in speed and consistency will still be there, fixed setup or not.

In fact, fixed setups might disadvantage novice drivers as aliens will be fast with it anyways.
    Novice drivers wont be able to use better (send) setups and might leave frustrated prematurely.

In the ISI-league-thread I requested the ability to share a setup through the server, so admins can dump a few for everyone to grab.
    Also it would be good to let us all share setups in a public box?
    That way a novice driver can just 'grab' a setup from a faster driver without having to ask.

Fixed setups are still a nice thing though, but imo not for public racing. the real strength of evening out a field with fixed setups is when league drivers are competing. Not when there is a huge range of different skillsets going round.

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I think I have a new project to tackle. A webpage for sharing setups in an organized way.

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

That's a great idea Noel.

Although I still think 'allowing' a setup to be shared in-game, like iracing does it, will help allot of people struggling (and we don't have to exit track to share anymore)

Sorry for going OT Hany :)

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You can already share setups in rF2. You could in rF1 also.

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

No I mean share it by default or after allowing it to be shared.
    So a setup becomes public on the server and you don't have to Send it anymore, but peeps can just grab it from you.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Ah... I understand now. So sort of a server side thing where anyone who when someone shares a setup it is also shared to the server and from then on anyone who joins the server will get a variety of setups in their received folder? I like that idea. As long as people know that sharing a setup will make it permanently public. I know sometimes you will click someones name before sharing so that only that person gets the set. But sometimes if no one else is on the server you will just share it without selecting their name first which would no longer be private under your proposed system.

19. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

I like the idea of using default setups at least for some servers. It's fun trying to adjust your driving style to car and not always the other way around. I believe most of drivers don't know how to tune car. Not all of us are racecar engineers! :)

Oh and it also forces slower drivers to concentrate on right things - that is improving their driving and not just giving up because some cheaters have "magical setups". :)

20. Rik

Rik Registered

+1 for Denstjiro idea