Can DRS be turned off on a dedicated server setting ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnW63, Jun 14, 2016.

1. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

I'm guessing, based on some quick forum searches, that you can not turn off DRS, unless you edit the car physics or the track GDB file.

My issue is that I am running a race at Imola, and the F1 cars can have DRS on the whole lap, because there is nothing in the track, ( pre DRS rules ) to tell it when the DRS is allowed. Since this is only a one week gap in the F1 season, I didn't feel editing the track, and figuring out how to disallow DRS, and repackaging the track would be the smoothest thing to do.

2. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hi ,IDK for sure however there are some lines in default rfm that you can edit when building the vmod..

near the top look for >

RearFlapWetThreshold=0.5 // maximum track wetness allowed for rear flaps to be used (any session)
    RearFlapZoneSessions=16 // allowed sessions, added together (1=test, 2=practice, 4=qualifying, 8=warmup, 16=race)

If you set that last one to RearFlapZoneSessions=0 it might shut them off all together ..

but again I have not tested it so I don't know for sure ...

3. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

So as long as the VMOD I made uses the Default.rfm file, I could set it to 15 , which does not include the Race session or all the way down to 0, if that is a valid numerical value for it.

4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

In theory yes !

try a couple test to se ..