Build 982 AI Limiter Slider

Discussion in 'Modding' started by redapg, Jul 5, 2015.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

Just 1 question (currently).

This is written in the changelog:

What i'm interested in, is this : Created AI limiter slider gizmo

Is there any exactly information available what the slider causes and if there has to be set a special entry in any file, to make it work, or where one can have influence on it, if possible?

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

in the json:

"AI Limiter":1,
    "AI Limiter#":"Range: 0.0 (no limiting) - 1.0 (limiting used to make racing closer but also make more driver differences on flat-out tracks)",

0.0 = 0%
    1.0 = 100%

Not quite sure what you mean by "influence on it", you alter the slider to get closer racing if you so wish.

3. redapg

redapg Registered

Thank you for replying MarcG.
    I already had taken a look into the JSON file, before i posted here.
    I maybe sometimes have problems to understand things, because of my limitation of knowledge of the english language.

I didn't understand what this slider causes.
    We have other sliders for strength and aggression, which are kind of "self explaining".

But what means: "limiting used to make racing closer"
    Does that mean that the AI stays more close together?
    But that would be the contrary to: "but also make more driver differences on flat-out tracks"
    (translators say "flat-out" ~= "full throttle")
    And does the slider overrides the AIs RCD settings in any way?

I didn't wanted to start a test-series, driving with different cars on different kind of tracks....., because of that slider-settings.
    I thought that somewhere has been published an explanation, that i did miss. ;)

Summary for me is:
    The "explanation" as written in the JSON file, doesn't make me wiser.

I still don't know what this slider exactly causes.

And because of the point if i can have influence on it (when i create a mod).....It was meant in that way, that i wanted to know if there maybe can be set an entry into e.g. the hdv file like:
    AILimiter = X.XX
    that e.g. presets the slider in game.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It means during the course of the Race they are either Closer together at the finish or further apart at the finish,
    i.e.
    - At the Finish they are separated by 5 seconds
    - Change the limiter
    - Race them again and they are separated by 10seconds.

I forget which % value means closer as (see below) I've never messed with it too much recently.

Yes RCD values affect the outcome which is why I just left the Limiter at Default personally and edited the RCD to get what I wanted.

Pretty sure there is some information in this thread or just Search as it's been brought up (many) times before:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/12831-The-definitive-AI-Settings-Thread?highlight=definitive

5. redapg

redapg Registered

I perhaps have to say that i, since rF1, never has been interested in the AIs behaviour, because online racing was what i wanted to use it for.
    But in the last time i've seen that the AIs behaviour is really an important aspect for most of the people who own simulations.

I didn't know that the value "AI Limiter" has been in the player.JSON before.
    I thought it has been added together with the slider in the Build 982
    I will try to get more information with more searching then. :)

But like in many other cases also, a small "this feature causes that behaviour" information, from official side, could help a lot.
    And not just me, i guess. ;)

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah it's always been there, used to be called Spread and was changed (for some reason), it is fairly easy to understand it's behaviour from the JSON description though so not quite sure what you mean by that, language barrier I guess!

7. redapg

redapg Registered

We can discuss that the next weeks, i guess. :)
    For me it's not so easy to understand and not just because of language limitations.

Show this line:
    "limiting used to make racing closer but also make more driver differences on flat-out tracks"
    to 100 people and i bet you get at least 5 different interpretations.

Wouldn't you agree that "make racing close" and "make more driver differences on flat-out tracks" are contradictory?

For me it is.
    I simply wanted to know, what exactly that slider causes.
    And i can't get a clarification from that, in the JSON file written, information.

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Better? :D

but i have exact the same Problem, to understand the meaning of this complete sentence...

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah see what you mean it could perhaps be worded better :)

Best way to understand what it does is to test in game for yourself of course.

10. peterchen

peterchen Registered