Build 798 64bits Blue Screen

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by NunoPinto, Aug 2, 2014.

1. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

Well, Basically I was racing in one championship with the Honda Civic Mod, the last race of the championship was at Mores and I did Pole Position, I was P1 in the championhip, the start of the race and almost the whole race(20 min) went very very well(I was P1), until 2 corners for the end of the race: Blue Screen.
    I lost the championship there.

My system is 100% stable, I play Battlefield, DayZ, rFactor 1 etc etc and not even one single Blue screen on my computer.
    I recently drove in the 24hours of Le Mans on rf1 and 0 problems.
    This was my first ever blue screen on my computer.

This has to be some rfactor 2 problem for sure, no power or temperature problems for sure. I have 5 case fans and the Corsair H55 with a 650W XFX power supply.

It was the first time that I got really mad about rFactor 2. The thing is, with 64bits the fps dropped, causing stuttering in some cases with only the memory usage advantage compared to the 32bit version.
    If it causes blue screens I see no point in running the game in 64bits...

I was using the latest nVidia drivers and my system specs are on my profile.
    I don't use plugins at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
  2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Anything in the Windows event log? Is there a windows memory dump? Maybe it's worth to have a look with windebug.

3. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

Yes it did, the result was a problem in the ntkrnlmp.exe file.
    I searched(Microsoft forum) and it turns out to be either a Bios or Memory problem.
    Bios is not, so it must be a memory problem.
    I have the memories in stock speed and voltage, so unless some memory Dimm is damaged, it leaves a rf2 problem with memory.
    I'm going to perform a memory check with MemTest for a couple of hours just to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
  4. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

Yeah, as I imagined.
    No memory problem, almost 3 hours of MemTest and 0 errors.

[​IMG]

5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Yeah, I believe sometimes it's just a cosmic ray going trough a memory cell. Let's see what happens in the next league race.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_error