Build 770 update problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drdrum, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I rest my case.

2. Hill212

Hill212 Registered

I just checked the event viewer and it comes up with these two errors
    1.)
    Activation context generation failed for "D:\rfactor docs\Support\Tools\MAS2.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.
    2.)
    The program rFactor2.exe version 1.7.7.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
    Process ID: 1464
    Start Time: 01cf9865ee3599af
    Termination Time: 42
    Application Path: D:\Games\Core\rFactor2.exe
    Report Id:

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Using Google Chrome? Google now hates ISI.

I can email you a rar. of the full installer if you wish. send me a pm if you're interested.

4. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

I'm using FireFox, I can't waste any more time on this thanks for the offer though.

5. MJP

MJP Registered

FWIW info for a working installer:-

File: rFactor2_LiteBuild_770.exe
    Size: 319,592,120 bytes
    CRC-32: 0681654c
    MD5: 649b34d40eef4def9e5deb354fda7d02

Having a correct file size isn't any guarantee of its integrity.

6. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

I did in the end give it one last try and it seems to have downloaded.

However when I try and launch the game I get the following message.

Could not load "BlankButton0000.bmp"

The game does eventually load as long as I click ok on the error message.

Next where is the version number located so I can be sure it's the correct version?

I'm sure I've checked every page and can't see one.

7. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Check in your install folder, in the Core folder, you will find version.txt file. Or look in Core folder and see if the executable is dated the same date you installed. There is not (to my knowledge) a version stamp that you can see on screen. Nonetheless, it's a computer with timestamps on files, etc.

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

fiddle sticks !

I had no problems with rF2 and Chrome

you all daft.

lol :)

I will email you a 100% standalone full Chrome that stops it doing " pointless useless" updates........... PM if you interested. lool

................that is if you a simmer and not a secretary. :p

9. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

TY seems to be ok, I'll be trying it later as downloading has taken to much time.

10. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Hey guys,

I've done a clean install with that new build, it's running very smooth and I just have one little problem.
    Everytime I close the game, I got this message.

View attachment 13488

Any idea of what is it, what to do to fix it ?

Thanks.

11. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

^^^ weird one, I'd post that in the "bugs" section.

12. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

@F2kSel, If you not already fixed your "BlankButton0000.bmp" error problem what you do is go to mod manager, find 'rFactor2 UI 1.0d, and uninstall it. I had the same. I guess it's just old files left behind from old builds.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Not directed at you DJ:

Another problem diverted simply renaming build660 folder and install lite to the fresh folder ( obviously the same name as your icons)

Why not just save yourselves the hassle.

I do not get it.

Oh yes I do.................... 10 minute in time lol 5 minutes to install Light and 5 minutes clicking on all content again to re-install and a minute pasting in RR and setups and skins .

BOO HOO

hehehe ;)

I was in ISR ( thanks guys great setup ) this morning click get mod , click get content by the time cup of tea was brewed I was in room, no mismatches , no BS and new versions tracks I never knew was even out.

Brilliant, the system works, I wish people still whinge about it 3 years later would dry up.

14. blanes

blanes Registered

Mate I may be in the minority here but I totally agree with you ... the amount of stuffing about I have done just to play rF2 with the new build is ridiculous !!! I for one do not have the enormous spare time that many here appear to have... this is a form of entertainment for me and it is becoming so stressful to enjoy it defeats the purpose ... I eventually just today did a full reinstall and it takes me ages getting all the tracks and cars back in. The updater system is so archaic in the way it works having to have certain files installed before others will install etc. and then I kept getting error messages and the mod installer was crashing and would refuse to load again until I reboot the PC , again time wasting and after all that I still cannot load tracks correctly.

From reading the replies here from other users and the owner Tim, alot of times the responses indicate a short temper for people like myself who don't read every single thing and only come here infrequently so do not remember the convoluted steps and pitfalls that I / we should know if we were regular hard-core visitors. That puts me off in a big way, and I know some of the questions are pointed and overly critical but still many are out of sheer frustration which I can understand.

I am actually a bit over it all after the amount of time wasted trying to get everything working again this time around with build770. My favorite relaxation had been to drive around the wonderful Ring-Tourist but after several re-installs and re-downloads of the track file and game installer, I still cannot get the track to load correctly ( Trees and trackside stuff missing ). I do not know what to do and cannot find an answer because the guy who made the track has given up on it. At the end of the day I will probably be told it is something obvious that I should know if I was a pro at the game - but I don't know and I am only a casual user so that is my predicament and probably my own fault but I really do not experience this with any other game I subscribe to. I hate to mention it but pCars is the exact opposite so far as ease of install and functionality goes. But I actually prefer rFactor2 in many ways and just wish it was as easy to use as pCars, but it isn't and probably never will be. That is that I guess :(

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I am using Auto-Installer and have used it with all builds and it has worked 100% fine.

View attachment 13499

Clean up you system mate.

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Man, if you don't have trees and forest at the Ring Tourist it mean you are executing the 64 bits version of rF2 which have been provided "as-is" for testing purpose. So reading your post and knowing than you don't have spare time and think that the amount of stuffs you have to do to play, renaming, copying executable, etc etc. etc. I strongly suggest that you stay with the usual and standard version of rF2 32 bit until all is sorted, instead of trying exotic stuffs you can't really (and don't want it seems) to handle.

BTW check this if you want trees at the Ring and if you don't want to follow my above advice to get back to the 32bit version ;)

Edit: it seems trees can also disapear using 32 bit 770. In any case, the below link stil useful ;)

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ist-v1-65-beta?p=289608&viewfull=1#post289608

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  17. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

Perfect thanks for that.

18. Ainisse

Ainisse Registered

I have allways updated automatically, but this time, going from 660 to 770 I get this!?

Installing C++ runtimes
    Installing DirectX runtimes
    C++ and DirectX runtimes successfully installed
    Removing directory: C:\Users\Ainis\Documents\rFactor2\Installed\UIData\rFactor2 UI was NOT successful
    Update procedure has detected and error and stopped

What could be my problem?

19. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

The clue is in the error message. "Removing directory: C:\Users\Ainis\Documents\rFactor2\Installed\UIData\rFactor2 UI was NOT successful"

Try deleting the files in this folder then, try again.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The whole point is that many people no longer have access to auto-installer and hence the many self-inflicted (and a few ISI-inflicted) problems updating this time around.

And yes, everyone who even wants to test rF2 could purchase a lifetime license to avoid this problem, or, ISI could get their heads out of the sand and realize that making the sim as easy to purchase and install as all other competitors would be common business sense.