SOLVED Build 770, MultiView not working with x64.exe

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by WiZPER, Jul 7, 2014.

1. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Tried the new x64.exe the other day but kept getting these errors on start - isolated the issue today to be caused by "MultiView" which seems to be not working in 64bit.

If not using "Windowed" the game simply fires up with a BLACK screen and it's hard to get back to windows, same error though, end up with "rfactor2 not responding".

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  2. nipzon

nipzon Registered

I use to get a black screen when not using HDR on triples. Multiview works fine for me.

3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

That's odd, my specs are in my profile. You are using build 770 and the 64bit .exe also ?

MultiView works fine with the 32bit
    exe only for me.

4. clockit

clockit Registered

All works fine here, multiview, HDR, 32 or 64 bit in any combination. Specs are in my profile.

5. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Yeah, others have said the same, have to try clean rf2 install and then drivers. Just saw someone else with same gmotor2 error, but running single gfx - also x64. Something is fishy :p

6. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Okay, things are getting weird now....

Uninstalled ALL .rfmods, Deleted content of CBash, Deleted all Shaders and Deleted all .cch files.

Then made ready for 64bit .exe, set config to lowest possible settings in Launcher and clicked Single Player = "gmotor2 Error!", now even with single screen at 1920x1080, both windowed and not.

Went back to 32bit, same config settings = ALL okay!

Back to 64bit again, still same config settings = All okay! ??

Then took a chance on tripples @ 5940x1080 + "MultiView" and "Windowed", first in 32bit and then 64bit = All okay again !! :O

Went back to config settings and activated HDR and set AntiAlias=3, fired ud using 64bit = "gmotor2 error"

Back to 32bit, changed config settings to what I wanted, fired up rf2 without problems - closed down, back to 64bit .exe, fired up rf2 without entering config = BINGO, worked again !!

I have no idea what to make of this, but now it works it seems..... It's like whenever I change something in config without first running rf2 in 32bit the 64bit will NOT work :/
    Looking at content of "UserData/Log/Shaders/" it looks like it stalls through the process when running 64bit very early on - but when passed through 32bit first and config NOT touched again it all works.

7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Thought I found the issue, but if I clean out the Shaders, they will still not get processed by 64bit - has to run through 32bit first, on all content, cars and tracks and THEN I can fire up using 64bit.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Sounds like some config error, maybe some files is pointed to wrong directory, hard to say, but it is good to hear that game works now :)

9. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Just downloaded the Lite B770 and installed it fresh in a new folder, then pointed Data Path to my "old one" - cleaned out "Shaders" and fired up using 64bit, it finally WORKS!! (without 32bit tricks)

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

;)