Build 770 MP bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Xavier De Carvalho, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Xavier De Carvalho

Xavier De Carvalho Registered

Can't join any servers using 770. Tried both 64bit and 32bit launchers, also tried hosting my own from a separate machine with both 64bit and 32bit and tested the combinations. None of them work. I just get a "mod could not be installed" regardless. This happens for any server I try and join. Tried a fresh install as well. I used auto-update first, then installed a light build over that, then resorted to a fresh install. None are working.

Also, my own servers do go green, the rest go blue. When they go blue, the number of users on that particular server changes to 0. It also then prevents me from scrolling all the way to the top of the list, it just bumps me back down to the bottom when I get 2/3rds of the way up.

2. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

I tried a few servers a few minutes ago, and they worked. But my teammates have reported issues more recently, so I am guessing it is a matchmaker or such issue, and not a coding bug...

3. Xavier De Carvalho

Xavier De Carvalho Registered

Whatever it is, I just want to know how I can fix it so that it doesn't keep on happening to me. :)

4. Vintook

Vintook Registered

I experience the same issues.

5. canastos

canastos Registered

Check if you are using any customized UI; if so, revert it to default UI and try to join servers again

byyyyyyye

6. ViSo

ViSo Registered

+1
    Old UI have problens with B770, including oficial UIs like KartUI.
    They have to be updated to B770 features.

7. Vintook

Vintook Registered

Using the standard UI here.

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Not only do you need to be on the standard UI, you need to be on the latest standard UI. You need to be on v1.0e. Go into the ModMgr and uninstall any UI with the name "rFactor2 UI". Then go into the launcher and on the advanced tab and check the box that says "Revert user interface". This will force it back to the UI that is included in the Core which should be 1.0e. Somehow people are getting the default UI listed in the ModMgr and they are out of date UIs and they don't work with 770. The default UI shouldn't be in the <DataPath>\Installed folder. It should only be in <Core>\Core\UIData. If you want to verify the version of the UI in the core, open this file with notepad:
    <Core>\Core\UIData\rFactor2 UI.mft

In that file it will show the version number.

9. Vintook

Vintook Registered

I just verified that I'm using version 1.0e. Still have the issues as stated in the first post of the number of users on all servers change to 0 when selected as well as the scrolling issue.

10. whitmore

whitmore Registered

YupSame for me

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You verified that you only have 1 version installed too? Someone reported that they had multiple default UIs installed and had an old one active.

12. Vintook

Vintook Registered

Yes I only have one version installed.

13. canastos

canastos Registered

Yes, the zero players bug persists, but, at least in my case, I'm able to join passworded servers (and open ones as well) if using latest default UI; are you?

byyyyyyyye

14. ViSo

ViSo Registered

Passwords issue is UI related.
    0-players and scrolling issues are rF2 related.

Tested.
    That hapens with any UI that have been updated for b770.

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I think what is happening is older builds placed the default UI in <DataPath>\Installed but 770 installs the default UI in <Core>\Core. So if you do a scratch install in a new path you get the new 1.0e UI. But if you do an update or do an inplace lite install over an existing install you end up with duplicate default UIs and the game ends up using the old 1.0d which has the problem with passworded servers. The fix for one of my installs was to run ModMgr and uninstall the 1.0d UI and then use the reset UI checkbox in the launcher.

16. ViSo

ViSo Registered

Noel I have rFactor2 in "rFactor2-770" folder, the only build I installed here is the b770, fresh install, no plugins, no cars, no tracks, anything, and bug is here. Trust me: 0-players and scrolling issues are rFactor2 related.

Installing my UI or the minimalist (the 2 only b770 compatible UIs) do the same, it is rFactor2 bug, not old-UI fault.

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Sorry I wasn't clear, I was referring to the problem joining passworded servers. The scrolling bug has already been fixed in 772.