Build 590 HDR Is Black With Multi-GPU & Multiview Settings

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by otta56, Mar 20, 2014.

1. otta56

otta56 Registered

As per the title, with HDR set to 'automation' in a multi-gpu, multiview environment the view is entirely black as per the image below:

View attachment 12039

The 'realistic clear' HDR setting seems over exposed as well:

View attachment 12040

Both images were taken at Silverstone with 10 AI.

FPS continues to be very low with multiview and HDR. Framerates averaged 13-15 fps around the track. Without HDR framerate varies between 56-61 fps with the same settings.

System specs are as per my profile. Using 3X Titan SLI with Nvidia driver version 335.23.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Ah, thanks, I think until now they thought this was AMD only with 3 of their cards. Try running 2, then try running 1, let us know what happens with each?

3. otta56

otta56 Registered

It appears to be a multi-gpu problem. 3 x titan sli into one monitor (Nvidia 'maximize 3D performance' setting) also shows a black image with HDR set to 'automation'. 'Realistic clear' works but is very bright with a washed out 'bleached' appearance. Will test 2 x Titan sli and report back.

4. clockit

clockit Registered

I'm so glad I'm not alone. :)

5. otta56

otta56 Registered

Single titan GPU into one screen appears to work. Both HDR profiles are working and the colours are not washed out. 50-60 FPS with all options at maximum, HDR on, 10 AI @ Silverstone with Honda Yukasa. The sim really appears to have been coded for one gpu and one monitor setups judging from the performance with 1 Titan @ 2560x1440 resolution. 2 x titan sli up next.

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Im gonna sound like a douche with this comment, but....the fix is to disable SLI for your "serious" sims, it brings an entire frame of added input lag (unlike with AMD, NVIDIA sadly doesn't give us the option to disable their form of frame-pacing). Also, setting render ahead to "1" in the NVIDIA control panel won't fix it as it's hardcoded into the drivers when you have SLI regardless of what you set "render ahead" to.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You guys with this issue, gfx dev says it'll be a couple of weeks before he can put focus to this, when he does I'll try to round you guys up for him to put out some things for you to test.

8. clockit

clockit Registered

Nice one, thanks.

9. clockit

clockit Registered

Fixed it!!
    I uninstalled everything AMD on my machine except the actual drivers, then I removed the crossfire links. After connecting one monitor to each card, I installed softTH and configured it. HDR works fine and no more flashing side screens with AA off!
    If only it would render one screen per card (instead of making one card do all the work), I'd be getting 180fps with everything maxed @ 8064 x 1440.

10. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

I don't see this with 2 Nvidia cards. However, running SLI, Multiview and HDR kills my framerates so I don't do it often. The one thing I do notice is that with multiview off and HDR on I see a shadow on the armco that's a constant distance ahead of me with automation HDR but it's not there with realistic clear.

11. clockit

clockit Registered

The latest AMD 14.4 drivers have fixed this problem for me. The only thing it doesn't fix is the flashing side screen issue with no AA.