[Build 240] Time scale does not work

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Marek Lesniak, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Can't tell for how long the issue is there but in the Build 240, Time Scale option does not work at all. No matter what multiplier I set, it always goes at normal rate.

2. Marek Lesniak

Problem solved. Reinstalled b240 one more time and now it works.

3. Marek Lesniak

Sorry for another post but I found, what was causing the problem (and was confusing, for me at least).

Under Race Settings, in game, we have:
    - session length, which can be as a % of default length from rFM or defined by us directly, for laps, time or both laps and time,
    - time scale, which can be race % (?), disabled, normal or at accelerated rate x2-x60

Session length does not to be explained, I think. Time scale - well, that speeds up "local" time. We want a 24 minute race but with covering a whole 24h? Fine, we set race length to 24 minutes and time scale to x60 and that will do.

Now, take a look into PLR file. Along many parameters covering what we have access to from game's UI, we have our "RaceTimeScale" we set to "x60" but there is also something else, not covered in UI:
    TimeScaledWeather="1" // Whether weather time is scaled with session length
    Okey... so, we have time scaled session and we can also define, will weather also change at accelerated rate or not. Common sense tells me, that is probably related to 5 weather settings available to set for a given session. Bu then, what is considered as 100%? As this parameter sounds like beeing responsible for scaling weather time with session length, I think it takes session length from rFM and considers that as 100%. Well, that what I was thinking before, until I set that to 0 and forget... and guess what, time scale option (the one with x2-x60 settings) stopped working :)

So, TimeScaledWeather is not responsible just for speeding up or not weather time with session time but for the time scalling with session length in general.

Or maybe it is just my english and wrong understanding of what "weather time" means and the description from PLR is correct? :)
    But if that's true, then why it is responsible for the whole time scalling? We already have "time scale" option, which we can set to "normal" = time goes by at normal rate.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013