Build 118 wont start for me.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Davy TASB, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

I have updated using the updater from version 1.07, it wouldn't start so I checked everything , ran verify test, everything appears to be OK but game still didn't start so deleted the game.
    I then downloaded the new full installer version, installed all of the mods, all is apparantly OK, ran it and the same thing happens. DId verify tests etc, no problems reported,
    I get the rFactor 2 start up screen with the single player/online and developer options but as soon as I click on any one of them, I get that poxy "rFactor 2 has stopped working - windows will notify you blah blah" error message.

Any ideas, I've had no trouble at all with earlier builds of rFactor 2.

2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

did you read the bla bla bla?

I had same problem and it said was with one of my plugins (pedal overlay). Ditched the plugin and away it went :)

3. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

No blah blah blah to read other than windows will notify you blah blah blah.
    Having read your blah blah blah though and having removed the plug in as you suggested, I am delighted to say my rfactor 2 is now up and running again.

Thanks very much! :D

4. TechAde

TechAde Registered

I can confirm the pedal overlay plugin causes build 118 to crash on startup.

The release notes mention that build 118 will invalidate any V05 plugins (which the pedal overlay plugin is), however as ISI haven't yet released a new header file there's nothing I can do about it at the moment, sorry. :(

5. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

How dare you make a plug in that's incompatible with an rFactor upgrade. :D

Seriously though, thanks for making the plug in, I look forward to the next version as it is very handy!
    *thumbs up*

6. ika

ika Registered

[​IMG] guys i have thes problem also before updating game all runing ok after build 118 get thes problem eny ideas how fix?? :(

7. Humpfester

Humpfester Registered

I have no plugins installed and the game still won't launch.

8. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

What error message do you get?

9. Traveller

Traveller Member

I had a similar deal after upgrading. Single and multi-player wouldn't work, but developer mode would. There were no error messages, the game would just fail to start. Well, looking at task manager, it did start, but ended and exited after a few seconds. I tried the re-activation suggestion until I ran out of activations, which is something I'll deal with later. I then discovered that the mod manager portion would crash-- with an error message. My only alternative then was to download the full installer, uninstall rF2, delete the rF2 folder and then re-install the game. Now it works.

1 person likes this.
  10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If 118 is starting, you should be making your own thread about an issue, even if you are posting a duplicate thread, it's better than you replying to one completely different. :)

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Plugin issue is known. I'd really like us to find a nicer way of letting you know it is not compatible though...

12. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

The intention for V05 of the plugin interface was to get feedback on what it needed. The readme for that release specifically said that the interface was subject to change. So plugins really should not have been released using that interface until it was complete. We should have made this more clear, and emphasized that the result would be a crash. By the way, it will likely change one more time because we are not properly passing on notification of device resets. So please do not release V05 plugins, it is not the final interface.

13. Humpfester

Humpfester Registered

I get no error message, when I click single player the screen goes blank and I have to reboot my rig.

My spec's

14. Humpfester

Humpfester Registered

Resolved, it seems when installing 118 I forgot you needed to re-config, my bad...:)