Build 1036 corrupt??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PearceYaussy, Dec 10, 2015.

1. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

After I updated to latest build, I can no longer start the game. I get:

Core component Core UI v1.0 is missing, invalid, or damaged.
    Unable to continue. Please re-install rFactor 2.

I tried a verify and the result was:

All critical simulation files passed verification

I tried running the lite installer anyway and tried again, still happens.

???

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Had the same issue some time ago. Tried everything and no success. Reinstalled rfactor2. Do you use any none isi ui? Black carbon etc?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

3. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

No, I've always used standard ISI UI. Just to clarify, I'm running non-steam version, and intend to continue as long as it's still supported. Steam is very buggy and eats bandwidth...

4. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I also don't use and like steam. But I guess you have to reinstall rf2 my friend. I think some builds ago, there were some notes about that problem in the knows issues . Cheers

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

5. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

OK, I fixed it. First I deleted the entire "core" folder and THEN ran the lite installer again :)confused: guess the installer doesn't overwrite some things?? IDK) Now it works. Got to keep all my mods that way. :D

Maybe this method should be posted as an "official" workaround for this problem. It's much easier than a total reinstall...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2015
  6. bwana

bwana Registered

Think most do it that way. Save packages ,user data, and lite Install . Unless u play with Jason (which l never have) it works every time.. Be sure to delete content in cbash and shader folders as well. If wanting to do a complete fresh install that is

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2015
  7. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Just to clarify.
    Packages and user data don't need to be backed up if running a lite install over an existing build to fix the core. Things that are not created when installing a fresh new lite build are not overwritten when installing it over an existing install. Userdata does not exist and

However if the problem is not in the core but in the player.json (or in other file from the profile folder) you should delete the userdata folder. When you enter rF2 a fresh new userdata folder with new player.json will be created.

Of course, if you remove userdata and run a lite install over an existing install you are guaranteeing that you get the same result as of a fresh new install.

In some weird cases problems can be caused if you have installed some 3P stuff (plugins, content, UI...)
    In those cases unless the bugged component is uninstalled the problem will persist after running a lite build.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

8. redapg

redapg Registered

You don't use rFactor for a longer while, right?
    Installing over an existing Installation, is the normal way to solve problems that are caused by the game itself, since rFactor has been released. ;)

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We usually do post that as a response.

10. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks Eusko. I've always done it as posted . To be sure I guess. Will save some time copying over in the future.