Bug reports ? Where to post ? And a bug report at last.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skeemo, Jan 11, 2012.

1. skeemo

skeemo Registered

Hi,

as this is now an open Beta, i wonder where people should start with posting bug reports.

You should introduce categories for bugs (e.g. Graphics corruption, gameplay, controls, AI, etc.) so that people can open threads in a little more controlled manner. If they just post bugs here, those threads will just get lost ...

Anyway, i encountered some things already, and because there is no other place, i will do it here.

1) If you crash and loose car parts (wheels, wings) and then watch the replay of that, the parts will be off the car in the replay at all times. Even if the crash is 30 seconds of replay time away.

2) Shadowing and LOD looks a little strage in replays

3) There should be a mechanism that removes moveable objects from track, after some time! I crashed in Eau Rogue and some hay bales ended up on track. Because they were not removed, the sessions remained pretty undrivable.

As usual for beta testing, bug reporting a.s.o.:

System Specs:
    AsRock P67
    Intel i5-2500k @ 4.2 GHz.
    8GB DDR3 1333
    Sapphire Radeon 6950 2GB @ stock
    Logitech G25, pedals attached to LeoBodnar BU836 interface.
    Windows 7 64bit SP1

2. Boyd

Boyd Registered

I think a formalised type of issue / bug tracking mechanism is a good idea. I was thinking about it last night, it adds a little more structure as opposed to a "free-for-all" forum. I can already see people are posting into various different forums, maybe not sure where to post, and also not always searching the forums to see if the issue has already been reported.

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Some bug trancking system would be fine. Posting bugs on forum is easy way to lost track on it.
    I'm looking forward for some ISI stuff decision.

4. mianiak

mianiak Registered

I'm pretty sure seeing as this beta is for modding, that ISI are only interested in modding bugs at the moment. Unless its a crash or a show stopper bug they probably wont approach it until after the initial modding tests have been done. Plus, all those things mentioned in the OP are Known issues :)

5. theother5

theother5 Registered

MaXyM ...

How about adding a short template and put in into your OP .... folks can cut and paste the template in their post and this way, there would be some structure to reported bugs / issues.

Of course forms get complicated so keep it simple ...

My suggested example ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~rFactor2 BETA Bug Report ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mod name: [Car and Track]

Single player or Multi player:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Problem description: [try to keep it to two sentences long]

User PC Specs:

- Operating Sys:
    - Motherboard:
    - CPU:
    - Memory:
    - Graphic Card:
    - Gaming Interface:
    - Other:

Misc notes / code snippets / etc:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

feel free to take this as a start and edit it by the way if useful. But I think this would cover alot of what is needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2012
  6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I don't want argue, until ISI give us official way to do that.
    from my experience, you will lost track on the issue. In case of duplicates, solving etc you don't know about issue status changes. Simply forum is not good way to do that, bug tracker is. I know that there is bugzilla module for vBulletin forum. I suggest to wait for isi. But template is good idea if nothing else provided

7. theother5

theother5 Registered

Fair comment ..... a template supposes a dedicated thread and all that too which clearly does not exist.

My take is that ISI have their own main tester population that they work closely with and have a dedicated resource to trawl this forum to log important info.

so as long as we keep creating threads / managing threads [with sensible and useful titles], the our reports will be commu

8. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Seems like a good place...
    On the Advanced setup page of the Megane Trophy car the caster option boxes don't match left to right. I realize this was probably done to offset the front and rear 3rd spring boxes (so not to appear left/right), but is sort of unsightly to compare at a diagonal. Maybe stacking the third spring boxes in the middle is more logical/intuitive?

9. shum94

shum94 Registered

Rename the thread : "Bugs Report Thread". Let's do this here.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Right now we're only interested in things which stop function. If you have a working software which you can drive in all modes, then right now there's nothing else to cover. But feel free to note things down, although we are aware of most if not all things. :)

And I made some forums for this, you can see them now.