BTCC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trichens, Nov 6, 2023.

1. trichens

trichens Registered

Some of this is simply due to the way some businesses work and expand.

I've had experience of this... worked for a small software house that got sold when the owners were offered loads of cash.
    Company that bought them out didn't exist 12 months earlier but had got some financial backing and proceded to start buying up software houses in a particular market.
    The whole business is loaded with debt and then they start charging customers more, giving less, and cutting costs.
    It all looks great on the surface until things start going wrong.
    The parent business was, on paper, a £1b operation but... more than 50% was the book value of goodwill...
    It's a house made of cards...
    The firm I worked for has lost 80% of the staff.
    I'd been there 21 years when I walked away.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    Deleted member 58016 and Emery like this.
  2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Ah, now it's we ... the poor users. Has anyone of you ever heard about the concept of consumer responsibility? What have we actually lost? The only people who have lost anything that is of importance are the people who are without a job now. Funnily enough many people only consider that when it's allready too late while they have no issue boosting the clicks of the press that sells doom and gloom. Maybe learn to adjust your expectations and don't fall for hypes. If we are completely honest most of this started long before MSG got into play. Does anyone remember that Kart Kraft took years and years to actually get an early access release? That's just one example. Nascar HEAT was never a series that really attracted too many users and rF2 development was riddled with poor desicions throughout it's whole life time. It's only since the start of 2022 that it actually got some meaningfull updates. So it's natural that those companies went for the cash. Once again, who is to blame for it? The small little company that should know it better or the big company offering the money? It allways needs two to tango.

Deleted member 58016 likes this.