Broken AI tire wear makes offline racing impossible

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by pinkinside, Nov 7, 2022.

1. pinkinside

pinkinside Registered

When racing Formula Pro or Mclaren MP4/13 AI has so much tire wear that any racing is just impossible.
    I noticed they were in the pits a bit too often, so I checked the log analyzer and noticed that on those cars (don't know about others), AI has about 3-4 times higher tire wear than player.
    So I did a little testing, and on "realistic" tire wear setting in 40 lap race on Monza they did Soft -> Hard -> Medium for example. This is totally breaking the experience. I noticed there is something wrong like a half year ago with Mclaren MP4/13 but I don't want to do additional QA after work, so I just got the Formula Pro hoping that with this car being new, it's at least somewhat usable.

I did all the usual trouble shooting, checked integrity, reinstalled the cars, deleted all the game data and made a fresh install. Nothing makes any difference.

Hopefully this will get fixed cause ATM those cars are unusable for single player. In the meantime, is there any way to edit AI tire wear by yourself for those cars? If this issue spans multiple cars it's unlikely it will get fixed fast and I'd really appreciate a workaround.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  2. pinkinside

pinkinside Registered

To be more precise on the issue, I didn't do as in depth testing on the McLaran but I reviewed the results for Formula Pro on Monza:

AI Tire Wear 100% - 0% (tire wear set to Normal):
    Soft - 11 laps
    Medium - 15 laps
    Hard - 18 laps

To have the simmilar wear I'd have to set the wear multiplier to x3 but then it also affects the AI, which only exaggerates the problem.

The issue is in both builds, 1130 and the new 1131. Formula Pro version is 1.21. Didn't check older builds cause running those races just to confirm when the bug got introduced or was it always like that takes time.

3. pinkinside

pinkinside Registered

So summing up, to make a full F1 race length of Monza (53 laps) AI would have to make minimum 3 stints on hard tire while I make only 2 stops and use softer compounds. So no matter how bad I qualify or drive, I will always win. I appreciate the AI improvements but why bother racing them if you always win?

(Sorry for spreading this across three posts, it's just frustrating paying all this money and then not being able to enjoy the content)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    Hinyaldee likes this.