Bright White Virtual Mirrors

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by MarcG, Apr 25, 2014.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Help if you please,

I've aquired a track that has as the thread title suggests, I know this is'nt a Car/Mod issue (ISI Megane) so therefore must be a Track Issue. Is there something I need to alter in one of the files to erradicate the Bright Whiteness and return them to normal?
    Thanks

2. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

So the default mirror works fine ? or virtual only are white ? with default in car looking fine.. ??

My first thought is nothing on the track is flagged for display in mirror (but i would have thought you should see the sky at least).. if you cant even see the sky, (thats the RF engine not the track).. then there is a problem with the car/mod or RF.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

in car mirror & wing mirrors are fine, everything else is fine, as per another thread it does'nt happen with HDR Off...but running that Off is not an option. It is *only* the Virtual Mirrors.

4. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

I had this problem on my track.. the other night.. and resolved it.

its to do with the reflection mapper in the scene file..REFMAP0 (there is a distance from 0.0.0 that the reflection mapper is flagged to stop working).
    In the case with my track when you got inside this distance from 0.0.0 coordinates of the track, the mirrors went bright white.. once outside this distance it went back to normal.
    I adjusted my StaticSwitch=() to 5 metres.. as 0,0,0 is just on the outside of the corner where it did it.. doing this fixed my problem.. if i drive within this distance to the point the Reflection mapper seems to do this.. So if it was set to say 1000 = 1km? then it would happen all the time.

Check what the setting is in the scene file for the track.. and check where 0.0,0 is .. The staticswitch radius around this turns off the reflectionmapper (Or something like that).. i dont fully understand it, but thats what i found.

ReflectionMapper=REFMAP0
    {
    Type=Cubic
    TextureSize=(1024)
    UpdateRate=(100.000)
    StaticSwitch=(5.000)
    TrackingIns=True
    IncludeIns=SkyBoxi
    IncludeIns=racesurface_t0_s0
    IncludeIns=racesurface_t1_s0
    IncludeIns=racesurface_t2_s0
    IncludeIns=racesurface_t3_s0