Brakes WAY TOO Sensitive, can't adjust?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Exigeous, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Exigeous

Exigeous Registered

Thrustmaster T300RS (with stock pedals) - in calibrate everything *seems* fine - I have normal control/sensitivity in that when I press the pedal to 50% I see 50% in the display. However when on track (F1 cars) if I barely touch the pedal (say about 5-10% input) the game is registering as much as 50% - so I basically have zero control over braking as things lock instantly. I can see this look at the on-screen brake pedal gauge.

I've calibrated over and over, Windows Joystick control panel looks perfect and again calibration seems perfect. I've set the braking force to between 70 and 100% with no change.

So basically the game is undrivable due to this - I have a good friend I race with that has the exact same setup and he's having no issues at all. At a loss as to what to try next.

~X

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Go into rF2 calibration, assign your brake pedal again, check whether its range is working correctly (you can see it moving on that screen, same as the windows control panel).

If not, release the brake and click Set Min, then press the pedal fully and click Set Max.

That should get you set up.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

calibrate the throttle and brake and clutch with this method.

press throttle AND HOLD IT. While holding press the Set Max button
    release throttle and press the Set Min button
    Move the slider under the throttle to near the center. that should be 100% in the new ui, 50% in the old brown UI.

Press and HOLD the brake pedal, while holding press SET MAX button.
    release & press set min. Move the slider underneath to near the center.

repeat for the clutch(if you have one)

When calibrating the wheel, turn it ALL THE FREAKIN' WAY LEFT and HOLD IT. While holding press the max left button.
    Turn the wheel all the freakin' way to the right and HOLD IT. Press set max right
    return the wheel to as near dead center as possible and press the Center button.
    Move the slider underneath to near the center. This should report 100% in the new UI, 50% in the old brown UI.

Once you have successfully done that, move the brake slider a teeny tiny bit to the left. The brake curve should bend down slightly. Play with this value some, the further left of center, the softer the initial bite of the brake pedal. But don't stray too far from the center region.
    You can play with the brake deadzone once you feel comfortable adjusting the pedals. Put a very slight constant pressure on the brake pedal so that it reads 1 or 2 %. while balancing there press the set min. This will eliminate the very beginning of the pedal travel. the curve on the graph should show a small flat beginning to the curve.

Don't forget to adjust pedal pressure in the setup. Reduce the brake pedal pressure from 100%. Experiment by dropping 5% and then testing. Repeat until you can stop without locking. Also in the setup, move the brake bias. Generally brake bias is somewhere around 55 to 60 in the front and 40 to 45 in the rear. Every type of car can be different so again, make an adjustment, then test.

If you have the Thrustmaster 3pa pedals...get the small rubber pyramid brake mod. (if it's still available) Or the rubber insert. Either one will shorten your pedal travel and stiffen the pressure needed to depress the brake pedal. (if you use any brake mod, remember to re--calibrate)