Brake lock up far too easy - open wheelers and megane

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hedlund_90, Oct 26, 2012.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Luciano actually found it entertaining that his rears locked in the exact same places during his testing, yes.

2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

"After five wins and 10 podiums, including a record-breaking four consecutive victories, 22-year-old Briton Luciano Bacheta was crowned the 2012 FIA Formula Two Champion."

Are you sure he's qualified to test RF2 ;)

3. tjc

tjc Registered

+1

I have G25 pedals, no mods or anything and after the tyres have warmed up I too can "bury my foot" with most cars but certainly can with the 2012 F2... really brake hard and get virtually no locking up at all...

Sometimes I do adjust the brake bias but not much but yeh, I can really brake pretty hard with the G25 pedals. :)

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I thought I had brake sensitivity set at 100% so I was going to lower it a bit. I found it on 60% already, so I increased it to 100% instead, lol. Anyhow, now it feels much better. Probably because of the non-linear brake curve makes it hard to judge the right brake power. I also found throttle sensitivity set to 60%. Changed it too 100% and I think accelerating from slow corners without spinning is a bit easier too.

I also tried the Meganes today, and they did not lock up as easy as I did remember. Much better. But sadly I still find them very boring to drive, so I'll stick to 60's, GTR and F2

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I find 60s cars a knightmare to brake, usually Im changing bias to the front or Im steering with the brakes literally.
    The Brabhams also feel like they are overheating their discs after a point, you push and push and nothing happens.
    Completely opposite with F2 2012, amazing braking power, tempting me to brake later and later, till Im out of road lol.

(all above with default settings and G25)

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh your right nikos... I should have said in my earlier post that the 60`s cars are the slight exception. They are probably the cars that are the hardest to brake hard without locking. I still seem to manage not too bad with them but they can be tricky to brake hard without locking, certainly for the first few laps.

The Clio`s can fall into this category too but can also be braked hard after a few laps...

7. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

This is a good chance to ask, is real that the Fanatec pedals have FFB?