Brake bias presets / shift button

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Marc Coyles, May 18, 2014.

1. Marc Coyles

Marc Coyles Registered

In reality, brake bias adjustments in race are between determined presets. Doing this in reality whilst driving with current options is sketchy at best - too inaccurate. Would love ability to have (eg: ) 6 bias presets that can be assigned to key presses / buttons. Also a shift button, so on-wheel buttons can be assigned another function should button[X] be held down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

In most cars, the brake bias is a dial or a knob that incrementally changes the fluid pressure split between the rear and front slave cylinders, it's not a preset.

3. Marc Coyles

Marc Coyles Registered

Yes, but the limits of dial / knob can be adjusted on a per race basis on many setups, so one can just operate between stops so to speak. Or in case of modern F1, the range of available clicks can be adjusted. Without a specific controller to replicate without self-building, ability to flip between 2 or 3 presets would be good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

In F1, it sometimes is :)

http://www.gocar.gr/en/races/f1-tech-files/t7,No_6_-_Driver_controls.html#b7

5. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

I was going to ask exactly about that. If it was possible to increase the steps of braking bias adjustment.
    Then I found this thread in the search and the other idea, about a shift function, is also awesome.

And about the presets. Now that F1 has a steering wheel display you can actually see the presets being chosen and they are very spaced like 58 on one turn to 52.5 on another. Maybe due to the MGU-K.