Botniaring V0.91 RELEASED

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Jka, May 3, 2013.

1. martymoose

martymoose Registered

I saw the chicane looked nicely modeled it is a shame not to use it :)

Here is a little video of all 3 layouts against AI at 120% strength and 100% aggression with a full 2012 DTM field.

Video should be finished uploading in 30min.

2. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Enjoyable track. Looking forward to watching it develop.

3. Thor

Thor Registered

My video!:eek:

4. martymoose

martymoose Registered

That's not really a track issue but ai issue especially with that car, the only way to make a track Clio ai proof is have no inside curbs or sharp corners. That rules out nearly every track and why I never race them offline against air as its pretty pointless on nearly every track out so far.

5. vicent-sollana

vicent-sollana Registered

Nice job here,very funny track,:)

Cheers.

6. yoghurt

yoghurt Registered

In Club and Full layout you can cut the two last corners without getting a penalty. You can gain here about 5 sec with the Meganes. Maybe can you fix this somehow in your next update.

Can you also make separate setup folder?
    When you have driven all 3 layouts, only one transparent trainer (for Oval) is in the now existing main folder, because this is the fastest layout.

7. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

yoghurt,

Thank you for your feedback. I will address these problems in V1.00 release near future.

Cheers!

8. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I'm not really sure how I missed this thread. I should pay better attention. I really like the track unless I get too far over a couple of the rumble strips near the golf course and my car gets high centered or something. I should learn to drive better.

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I think this was the first track I got for rFactor 1, back in the day. Thank you.

10. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I cant believe I just found this track today, and I'm from Finland ffs.

Anybody remember the Helsinki Thunder in 1995-97? That track would be so much fun to have again.

11. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Is this a conversion or a brand new track modeled for rF2?

12. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Helsinki Thunder video is from rFactor 1. Botniaring is scratch build track for rFactor 2.

If proper reference material exist somewhere, maybe I can build Helsinki Thunder track for rF2...;)

Cheers!

13. Golanv

Golanv Registered

14. Galaga

Galaga Banned

This is an amazing track. Many thanks for your efforts. Do you have a progress update? Also, the chicane flipping issue is not limited to Clios. I am getting it with Spark F1s also. For me this is the biggest issue with this track. Thanks again to all involved.

15. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

I will update this track to version 1.0, but it won't be ready this year.

I need to do major overhauling to this track and it will take some time. I will create new 1.0 thread when I have something to show. :)

Cheers!

16. Galaga

Galaga Banned

17. SMLIIII

SMLIIII Registered

Hi I'm wondering if you have made any progress on this track after V0.91 and if you are planning to make a version for Assetto Corsa?
    I'm a local from Jurva and would really like to race this track :D

18. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

Hi SMLIIII,

Yes, I'm planning to bring this track to current rF2 standards near future and fulfill 2016 specs (new pit building, repaint race control building, armco's etc.).

Track geometry is now finished, but I need up-to-date reference material to complete this project.

19. SMLIIII

SMLIIII Registered

That's very exciting to hear! Do you have any time estimates on when the track might be finished?

I actually only play Assetto Corsa at the moment so it's a shame if the track will be only for rF2.
    But I guess it wouldn't be that difficult for you to convert the track once it's finished to AC too?

What kind of reference material do you need? :)
    I live in Jurva during the summer, so I think I could atleast provide some pictures if needed.

20. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

I have received land survey reports, blueprints etc. required material from track company back then for this previous project and they are still valid (in most part...).

What I need is up-to-date photos for texture building and reference material of new tso's. I'm planning to travel Botniaring later in this spring/early summer to make another track survey there, when I succesfully organize proper permissions and schedule with track company.

I'm not planning to make this (or any other) track to Assetto Corsa and I will not give any permission to convert my tracks to AC.

If you are looking for Botniaring to AC, then you have to look elsewhere and/or try to find another person who could build this track to AC.

Cheers!