BOP Changing

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Nicolas Cortes, Feb 21, 2022.

1. Nicolas Cortes

Nicolas Cortes Registered

Hi all. Recently I started to produce some "mods" only putting together different cars from different authors as ASMG, URD, RSS, and S397. I found big diferences in performance when cars are driven by AI, so I tried to balance using de upgrades.ini files introducing sentences as follows:

UpgradeType="Balance of Performance"
    {
    UpgradeLevel="Balanced"
    {
    Description="Balanced"
    HDV=[GENERAL]
    HDV=Mass+=40
    HDV=
    HDV=[ENGINE]
    HDV=GeneralTorqueMult=0.8750
    HDV=GeneralPowerMult=0.8750
    HDV=
    }
    }

I found, for example, that I need to severely reduce Torque and Power, in order to make the AI loose a second when a car is too fast comparing with others that should be similar.

... and then when you drive it the car is as slow as you could think and is imposible to make times.

... so the question is: Is there other easier way to make AI being not so fast or faster with a singular car ?

Thank you in advance

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Balancing for humans and balancing for AI will often be a bit different, and then you also need to work out where their strengths and weaknesses are - sounds like the engine probably isn't the main issue if it slows you down that much (you and the AI use the same engine) so you should look elsewhere.

If the files are not encrypted (at least some of those cars are not, I think?) you could create new .tbc files from the existing ones and reference those in the hdv via the upgrades. Then you can adjust tyre grip directly for the AI.

Other than that, you could modify (again via upgrades, so including encrypted content) the AIPerfUsage figures = especially the third one, being corner grip usage.

3. Nicolas Cortes

Nicolas Cortes Registered

Thank you. I'll try this way