Bogus player count on server list grrr.

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by bwana, Jul 24, 2016.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

Bit of a gripe at a recent trend by server admins to load servers with AI to make it look like the server is busy ?? or is it to lay rubber down , either way any chance we can not have servers using AI to load at top of list and give the false appearance of a popular server

2. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

^This.

Can't stand it either. Makes me want to avoid their servers...

3. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I run 4 AI so there is someone (something!) to practice against on our server outside of leagues, but I agree. Lots of people drop in and are then disappointed. Maybe an option in a future build to distinguish between AI and Human?

4. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

I use a web page from proracing, just remember to check the boxes at the top Hide Empty Servers & Hide Password Protected Servers

http://servers.proracing.club/

SS

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

We sometimes use AI to rubber in track and give company during off events (presets would do rubbering too, but it's good to practice with other cars if there isn't humans present).

It's certainly not a trick to lure people in, but I also totally agree that AIs shouldn't show in server player count. The problem is that when AI is added they stay there for a long time after human drivers leave.

I hope anybody won't be scared away from our server (VSCR). I'll have a word that AI would be removed once human drivers leave the server.

6. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

I think if your the only human on the sever you can boot the AI, one at a time. Highlight their name and givem tha boot :B

SS