Bodnar ss2 settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mlaw, Nov 12, 2015.

1. mlaw

mlaw Registered

Hi

I finally got my bodnar hooked up. In rf2 the wheel is extremely heavy to turn, i can ba rely turn it with my full body weight. What setting do I turn down to fix this?

Thanks

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

you need to change the rfactor .ini files ( I think it's called Json file now )

reduce the spring damp effect in there

I did send a file into Isi a while back but for some reason I can't imagine they never bothered to incorporate it (&update as their file structure changed)

I don't use rf2 anymore due to no VR support, so can not give you a file

ps it's not settings in the bodnar UI

3. Joe

Joe Registered

Although controller.json file does include those effects settings: Spring, Damp, Friction, and inertia. I tried my AF wheel and felt no affect at all.
    Those are defined HID effect reports in USB HID standard, just like the FFB. But wheel vendor needs to be able to access, though, if implemented in-game effect.
    It seems that ISI does not make them available. I could not see them in their files. They only offer FFB. I will think it is the FFB. You may tune down the FFB multiplier < 1 (100%), and set the Steering Torque Capacity (STC) = 20 (or whatever your wheel max torque is) in the json file.

Also, likely your Bodnar SW simulates own effects: Spring, Damp, Friction, and inertia. Just turn them off to see.