SOLVED BMW M4 Class 1 Snapping and Spinning At Sebring You To?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SteveMack, Feb 6, 2024.

1. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Hi,
    I am trying to practice at sebring for the online race, sunny 3:30.
    I am just spinning the tires on acceleration real bad, just trying to leave the garage I am breaking loose, with the limiter on.
    I have done everything, except throw something!
    Throttle sensitivity, springs, bars all that, it's like driving on ice also.
    Anybody else have this problem with this bmw m4, I didn't have this problem with the Porshe 922
    ran a bunch of races, this bmw m4 seems to snappy prone but this is really bad.
    Any suggestions on this car?
    Thanks if you can help.
    Steve

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I guess first make sure the track has some rubber laid down. either let the AI run a bunch of laps or choose a real road preset before you load the track.
    2nd turn down the Engine Map

3. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

One problem was that I had set the real road to naturally progressing for practice and when I looked again it was set to Green so that was the first issue, second I had to really get to a setup that would work, at a certain point I can still snap it loose with the accelerator if not careful, but the main thing seems to have been the green track, I read something about there being problems saving real road settings, I did not know it had to be saved, I thought it was just to set it. I have to look into if it still needs to be saved.

4. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Don't expect too much on controlling traction. This car is a beast : 600 HP, less than 1000 kg !!!
    Maybe work your skills and don't expect too much grip on first laps or in the Pit lane.
    I'm afraid there is no "mystical" solution. That's just how this car is ...

The_Bad_Fasterd likes this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

@SteveMack Depending on the Structure of Tracks, you normally have existing "Grip" (RRBIN) Files, that you can select when you select "Scripted" in the Session Settings and if they have none and you did drive on that Track already, there always should be an autosave RRBIN File from the last Session, that you can preselect, to get some Grip from the Beginning on.
    What you also can do, is to create own Sets of RRBIN Files, by saving and give them individual Names after a Session or rename the autosave RRBIN File.
    These Files are stored in the Folder
    ..\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Name of the Track

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
  6. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

If you want some fast rubber just accelerate a session you can watch it darken in 5 minutes.
    You can also run different classes to change it then save it to, so bigger wheel track RR use with narrow wheel track, etc.
    Save during session.
    Another thing you can do is make rubber wider, we used to do this for my server and drive where AI would not so if rookies got out wide they had more grip.
    Default RR are done with one sort of vehicle I am guessing ?
    Do any 2 races same track different wheelbase, rF2 RR in that respect is also dynamic, others not so sure.
    I think it is better to have more rubber to begin with and decrease the RR rate instead.
    This especially helps with AI races, if AI has more grip lap 1 then less wild behaviour.
    People forget AI in rF2 are very dynamic and react to these changes were some other sims are like a placebo.
    This will work for all length races just adjust RR rate accordingly.
    For long races I start as low as 0.3.

Rookie to practice I recommend setting heavy rubber and RR rate to 0.0
    After you learn handling better go back to green, not the opposite.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024