Black screen Nvidia

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by rfuctor, Jun 20, 2016.

1. rfuctor

rfuctor Registered

Posting another topic about this. I have seen this on 2 different systems so I know this isn't a problem with my PC.

Certain tracks cause the issue. While driving, the screen goes black for a few seconds then recovers. The sim continues working in the background but obviously your race is ruined. Sometimes rFactor will not restore properly so I have to kill with CTRL-ALT-DELETE.

Who else is having this issue? I have tried everything I can think of to fix it without success.

2. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

I have now the same issue except proper recovery. The temperatures does not look critical (the hotest device was videocard with maximum less then 60 centigrades). I also tried everything I could find. The problem not solved.

3. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

4. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It may help, but the black screens being described there may be more general in nature (rather than track related, the area ECAR_Tracks has done an excellent job of investigating in the above thread). But worth trying stuff just in case :D

6. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

I've had a similar issue, but not to the same extent. Mine was that some of the shadows would just go black and take a while to recover to normal graffix in play. I ended up turning down the shadows to Medium, that seems to have stopped the problem sofar.

SS

7. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

It's very much track related for me. Been doing FSR since 2014, and the only tracks it's happened at, is Singapore and Bahrain, and now Spa. In the first 2, somehow it went away by setting Soft Particles to Off. This didn't work for Spa, somehow, but limiting the FPS to 144 did. That was the first time I've ever limited FPS in rFactor 2.

Obviously it's due to some feature in these tracks being present - which clearly crashes some game code, as Christopher confirmed with his statement that they've identified the issue.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I was referring to the issue in the linked thread.

9. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

And I'm just giving feedback about my scenario. Relax.