Black Screen in game and on spinner FXAA and AA at fault?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by BigDuke6, Jun 11, 2013.

1. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

I did the auto-update to build 228 and am now experiencing Black screen in game and on the spinner. After a bit of investigation I found that with both FXAA enabled and AA enabled on any setting 1-8 that the problem arises. Doesn't seem to matter whether HDR is on or off or whether those settings are enabled using Configure Sim via the Launcher, or in game using the settings options.

I can have FXAA disabled and AA set to 8 and have no problem, also AA set to zero and FXAA enabled with no problem a, I just cant have them both on together?
    I'm sure I had no problem with both enabled in previous builds, think I will do a full reinstall of the lite build 228 tomorrow and see if that makes any difference. :confused::confused:
    Anyone else experiencing this?

2. MJP

MJP Registered

It's always been like this when you have FXAA and AA enabled, well it has been like this for me anyway.

3. JWE

JWE Registered

Same problem here since 218. Alt + tab and coming back fixes it. But it's very annoying.

4. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Good info. Never tried Alt-tab. I was hoping the new build would cure this issue but it actually got worse for me...the only issue I had with the new 218 build was that the spinner image was the over-saturated and over-bright...with 228, the spinner went blank. It also had come to my attention that if I went into the spinner to choose or confirm a custom skin, when I then went to the track, all but the HUD and virtual mirrors was black. I found that if I left the game, deleted all shaders and then returned to the track without going into the spinner, I would have no problems. Most annoying.
    Knowing that the real problem was having both[/I ]FXAA and AA8X enabled in the config.ini, I can put all that jiggery-pokery to rest. I find that the garage spinner in the showroom looks proper while the simple one and the shiny floor remain over-saturated and bright.

5. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

Thanks for pointing that out JWE, a nice simple workaround till the problems addressed. :)

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Yip getting this too with b228...

Can`t swear on it but I`m pretty sure I didn`t get this with the previous couple of builds, never noticed it anyway.

I have however had it with builds in the past.

Good to know the Alt+Tab thing sorts it for now though.

Cheers JWE. :)