Beware of track originated bugs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lgel, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I had a modern version of SPA version 1.0. on which I had done many laps before.

Today I revisited it with Marussia and spun repeatedly, I thought I should better drive an easier car, until I checked rear wing settings.

To my surprise RW settings were 5 º lower than expected. I loaded settings from another track (Sao Paulo) and it still displayed 5 º less. I loaded Sao Paulo and there RW settings were normal 5 º higher than in SPA, I checked there were normal in Portugal too.

As I had had previously an abnormal ending of RF2 (resuming from replay), I made a cold start of the computer and the situation remained the same, Marussia RW settings were 5º lower in Spa than elsewhere (automatic adaptation to high speed track may be).

I removed the track from my installation, and loaded a revised version of SPA where it doesn't seem to happen.

So beware, check bugs on ISI tracks before reporting.

Cheers and have fun racing.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Possible that this has something to do with the car-specific upgrade you have selected for the Marussia?

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Most every modern and most period add on tracks feel so lifeless in a Historic F3.

The loss in immersion makes it barely worth lapping them.

Bare handful of addons stand up to scrutiny.

4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I don't think so, they were all default.

I think it is an error when loading location files, that is not controlled by RF2 and end in a pointer causing a memory corruption. I didn't report it as a bug because in this case it was a third party track.

Thanks.

5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I appreciate historic content too, but I enjoy other forms of racing as long as we are speaking of racing cars, and doing time travel.

Spa is for me one of the best tracks, where real life racing is always interesting, and where sim racing, is in my view at his best too.

Cheers.