Better organisation of setups for different cars and formulas

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by rfuctor, Jul 3, 2012.

1. rfuctor

rfuctor Registered

IMO, by default, setups for other formulas shouldn't appear in the SETUPS window and I think it should go even further so that setups for other cars in the same formula shouldn't appear in the SETUPS window by default.

As the number of cars increase, the SETUPS window is going to get really cluttered - mine is already. It makes no sense to load a setup from a different formula, in programming speak, the result is undefined!

Please can the program either check what vehicle the setup is for before displaying it in the SETUPS window or have folders for mods under the track folder where setups are automatically saved to and loaded from?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I'm sure you can filter setups to match your car only or all cars. There is some switch button to enable filtering.

But I would like to assign setups in relation to session type: especially for qual and race separately.
    Sometimes I really don't get how things invented 15 years ago cannot be standard today. Sometimes it looks like inventing the wheel again and again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2012
  3. rfuctor

rfuctor Registered

Are you sure? I can't find it

4. Neuro

Neuro Registered

Well, that wouldn't hurt anybody for sure, but until this option goes real (if ever it will), you can easily solve this by naming your setups according to the session you want to use in. At least I do this way since I play rFactor. :)

To the OP: You have a "vehicle/all" button in both rF1 and rF2 at the setups screen, that does what you want. The "vehicle" option only shows setups related to the actual car while the "all" is clear after that. :)

5. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

So I was wrong. It is present in rF1 but not in rF2.
    However I've checked right now, and with megane loaded, I can't see setups for BT20 nor Nissans - only setups for Megane are listed.

So I do :) 'cause there is no other way ;)
    But I've also know incidents, when some driver has started race with qual setup because he forgot to load proper setup ;)
    So it was just idea of improvement. I also remember such request for rf1 before development has been dropped.

6. Neuro

Neuro Registered

Yeah, sh*t happens. Solution to this would be nice and simple. Hope that ISI will implement it. :)

Are you sure? :)

View attachment 3065

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

hehehe, I knew I saw that ;)
    looknatvpower of suggestion;)

Atvleast rfuctor got answer. thanx for helping.

8. rfuctor

rfuctor Registered

Thanks Neuro, but for me, it doesn't work. I was in the FISI formula but even with the vehicle button selected, I still get setups for the F-Renault.

I guess this is a bug?

9. Munchk1n

Munchk1n Registered

I feel that the setup interface is very confusing in rFactor 2, the rFactor 1 interface was way easier to navigate through and setup the cars and less confusing. Can I suggest using that layout, or something similar to the race 07 interface. Make the fonts a bit smaller in order to fit more info and/or customisation options per screen tab.

For things like brake bias, I don't even know if I'm moving it toward the front or rear, when testing the Nissan, I assumed moving the bias to the left would give me more front bias, but it certainly doesn't feel that way. common practice, like race 07 is this [Brake Bias F:R - 54:46 ] then I know which is front and which is rear.

Perhaps the chasis of the car could be removed so that you don't see a Renault Chasis when setting up a Nissan for example. Showing just the parts would be good on the Setup page, like the wheels, axils, shocks, drive-train, Engine etc. Perhaps in mid Engined cars, all that is required is to move the location of the engine, and highlight the axils depending on whether the car is front or rear wheel drive, or both.

Please can we also have common measurements for pressures etc for the different vehicles. When I select Metric, I want all my cars adjustments to be metric. The same with Imerial.