Beta - final release transition?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sholt201, Jan 13, 2012.

1. sholt201

sholt201 Registered

Hello to you all - been sim racing for some time now with RF1 and variety of other titles. So glad that RF2 is now underway - I am so looking forward to the development of this title.

The one burning question I have - if you download the beta test version of the software now, what happens when the final release comes. Would I need to use one of my activations to reload the final release to get all the changes/mods? I am seriously thinking about taking the beta version as I cannot wait to play it however I am not a modder and do not profess to know anything about it - clearly I will leave this to the experts with a donation!;) I would like to offer feedback on the beta but I am worried about loosing out on content once the final release comes!

I feel that if I go with the beta now it will be a case of constant update of the beta with patches etc to maintain the logs and changes within the game? Any advise would be appreciated - ;)

Simon

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

There will be frequent updates as we gradually phase to Gold version (at this point I'm guessing every 3-5 weeks). Announcements of those will be made on the forum and other social channels.
    Reactivation should not be required unless a change in the commerce system is required, but you can always request more activations should you run out (similar to rF1).