Best VR experience using Open Composite

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oldgamergazza, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Oldgamergazza

Oldgamergazza Registered

I have had several HMDs over several years, a Oculus DK2, a Oculus CV1, Samsung Odyssey and recently a Valve Index, I enjoyed them all and only sim race in Vr as I find it really immersive and fun:)
    I have been waiting for a good couple of years to upgrade the Index, I've got a bit impatient and bought a Oculus Quest 3, I know, no Display port, no headphones, limited battery life but as I said I got impatient, I've been using in ear or IEM headphones for a while anyway for a good while as audio is really important to me and as good as the headphones were on the Index iems are way better.
    So I'm using a usb cable to the headset with a little box that connects to a charging plug and lose around 15% of battery per hour, I don't perceive any lag and I use it at 80hz as I did in the Index as I couldn't perceive any improvement any higher( maybe a limitation of the Index display?) With Open composite and OpenXr I have a monitor like display, I am amazed at the quality and performance, with still a little headroom for my Cpu and Gpu (13600k 3080ti).
    If you change the contrast in the Oculus settings you can even achieve a better black than I could on the Index.
    If you get an option try one and compare it to your present Hmd, especially an Index, check it out and hopefully you will be as impressed as I am:)

atomed and justposted like this.