Best versions of F1 rfactor 2 tracks?

Discussion in 'Locations' started by hamiltonfan2205, Mar 11, 2014.

1. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

Next year, my AI series will finally make the switch to rfactor 2. I know this is quite long I'm advance but there will be a lot of preparations before next year, and what I'd like to know is what are the best versions of the listed tracks below (the listed tracks are the ones I want to have on the calendar)

Albert Park
    Sepang
    Sakhir
    Shanghai
    Red Bull Ring
    Monte-Carlo (modern version)
    Montreal
    Valencia Street Circuit
    Silverstone
    Nurburgring
    Hungaroring
    Istanbul
    Adelaide Clipsal 500 Street Circuit
    Spa (modern version)
    Monza (modern version)
    Singapore
    Suzuka
    Sochi International Street Circuit
    Circuit of the Americas
    Interlagos
    Yas Marina (with day-night transition)

There are some obvious track choices about which one's the best such as Sepang and Silverstone, others are not so obvious, I am not expecting there to currently be a decent version of Sochi even though I listed it because it hasn't even hosted it first gp yet!

Any help would be appreciated

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Bahrain: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/9595-Bahrain-by-mandeglor%28WIP%29

A lot of those other F1 tracks only exist as illegal conversions at the moment I'm afraid...

I've seen a pretty decent modern Spa as well as Monza out there though.
    Shoddy versions of Albert Park, Shanghai, Red Bull Ring, Hungaroring, Suzuka...

There is a beautiful conversion of COTA but it's illegal also as far I'm informed.
    Not sure about Interlagos though? I guess a lot of those South American tracks popping up these days are Reiza's work (GSC)?

3. hamiltonfan2205

I mean I am willing to convert them from rFactor to rFactor 2, I know how to do everything except integrating the real road, wet weather doesn't have any effect at all. I'm folllowing Spaskis's tutorial and everything but to no avail. I converted Abu Dhabi and it looks absolutely fantastic ingame with the HDR and everything but the only bad thing about it is the wet weather doesn't have an effect and the track isn't shiny etc. I need some help on how to do that :) Also I'm awaiting Chapman Track Creator so I can create some tracks. All I'm asking is what good versions of these listed tracks are there?

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh well then, that is awesome mate! Sorry I misunderstood.

I really want to start getting into track modding as well, probably conversions.
    I haven't driven rF1 that much, but I know there are some fantastic tracks that could get converted, with the proper permissions of course.

5. hamiltonfan2205

Yeah, I'm planning on making my own version of the Valencia Street Circuit because the rFactor version of that track would look pretty stale in rfactor 2 compared to other tracks considering the graphics rf2 has.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I really hope you do that. I love that circuit to death!

7. hamiltonfan2205

Yeah so do I! It seems it's either a love-hate circuit because people seem to either really like it or really hate it. Shame it's probably never gonna be on the f1 calendar anymore. I'm not sure if I'm gonna release it to the public or not if I make it, but even if I don't I am willing to PM it to people if they want it.

8. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

Valencia Street Circuit , one of my favourite tracks , and it's the one track I'm missing , the sence of speed there is great .

@Hamiltonfan2205 would you pm me Abu Dhabi I would love to try it , thank you .

9. hamiltonfan2205

Will do, there are some features missing like wet weather. The rest is fine, the track looks good. I'd love to know how to integrate proper real road onto that track.

10. hamiltonfan2205

Having trouble, have no idea where to upload it as googlesites doesn't accept the file as it's too large!

11. adegol

adegol Registered

@Hamiltonfan2205 I would also like to have abu dhabi, if you want send it to me as well.
    You can upload it to mediafire or mega, those are the two most used servers right now.
    Regarding to real road, check this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHm_g-gmdo0&list=WL0DA13999187DF7CA , it,s in spanish :( , but he explains everything on how to get real road, etc ... Just see how he does it, it seems to be easy (i havenĀ“t tried).
    Regards

12. INSQMNIAC

INSQMNIAC Registered

I'm using this site for my uploads https://mega.co.nz/# :)

13. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered