Best graphic settings?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FFOman, Jun 17, 2015.

1. FFOman

FFOman Registered

I have a very high-end machine, but it lacked an up to date graphics card. I just replaced it with an Nvidia 970 GEForce and wanted to know if anyone had a list of good starting points for setting it up to run rFactor2 as it's not on Nvidia's Experiance list. Just a good starting point that I can fine-tune from there without haphazardly selecting different setting combinations?

2. Panigale

Panigale Banned

FWIW - I have a 970 (going to upgrade though) and you can run rF2 maxed at 1080p. I have everything in-game enabled and/or maxed, with sun occlusion set to true. The catch is FPS and number of AI. The new AMP track is probably the most resource hungry and hence a good track to test with. Around 85 FPS (give or take) you shouldn't have an issue. Go over that and frames will drop. I'm only running a few AI (testing a mod) so if you want a lot of AI consider setting a lower max frames in the player json.

*Leave the Nvidia panel settings mostly alone, you can enable max performance and MFAA but I'd stop there. Driver 350.xx is working well for me.

Also, consider deleting your player json if you didn't install this new build from scratch. It will gen a new one, that resolved some graphic issues I had with the new track.

The 970 is a great card, enjoy it! Cheers.

3. Emery

Emery Registered

Ditto.

I'm currently running triple 1080p monitors in multiview with the 970 and primarily dropped AA a notch or two to get consistent fps above 80.

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered