behavior of the car

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by marcx07, May 10, 2012.

1. marcx07

marcx07 Registered

My wish is that the car does not behave as if we were on the ice. This is truly unrealistic. Sometimes I drive at 200 km / h with my car and I have no problem. So if I had a race car even one of the year 1960 I consider that this should be fairly simple with the right setting. This is not the case with your game I'm from canada and sometimes with our winter ice road I drive at 120 km / h. why I have trouble driving at 120 km / h with a race car? thank you

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

200kmph on straight - I agree. Go to racing track and try get turn with this speed ;)

3. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I think to be of any ACTUAL help, you need to be more specific. You've given no indication as to what is really wrong. All you've said is that you have trouble driving at 120km/h. What kind of trouble are you having? Longitudinal grip? Lateral grip? Taking curbs? Which car are you using?

You claim to drive around at 200kph...you're taking corners at these speeds? For all intents and purposes, if you're using anything other than a triple-screen setup with a proper FOV setup, the corners in the game are not going to seem as extreme as they would in real life. So, while it may feel like an extreme corner in real life, in-game the same corner will feel like a cinch.

Also, I live in far upstate NY (according to anyone from NYC and south, it's basically Canada), I've also easily driven the same speeds in a foot of snow before as well--but, a.) I was using snow tires, b.) I had front-wheel drive---it's gonna handle differently, and c.) there's no way I was cornering at those speeds. I suspect your situation wasn't too much different.

Finally, I know this sounds like a stupid question, but you don't have it set to imperial units instead of metric by chance, would you? Assuming it's kph, when in fact it's mph?

You'll notice that I'm not trying to defend rF2 by any means--if you have a valid point, that's fine, but you should prove it. Remember, this is the 'Wish Lists' sub-forum, not the 'Bitch Lists'. For the sake of actually making rF2 better, and eliminating the 'noise' in the forums, try to be a bit more constructive/productive with your post. Try to think: why should ISI take your post seriously?

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

This! If the OP is driving 120km/hr on icy roads more than likely he won't be around much longer anyways. :p Dark but it's the truth.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I do drive with my car up to 200km/h as well, but I think its easier (and wiser!) to do so in a sim.
    If you choose Spa track on a 60s F1, you see more than 300(!!!)km/h on the straights. Having in mind that Spa then was not really a track but everyday roads and you are aboard a 60s vehicle, then, it SHOULD be difficult and not the opposite.
    (Taking the other rf2 cars there in Spa, will show their big differences in grip.)
    What I think you are experiencing is a lack of 'feel' driving the sim, which is explainable as you are missing a lot of real life information (seat of the pants I think its called and its irreplaceable imho). I also think, if you decide to stay with it, you ll discover its own 'feel' which is the strongest Ive seen in a racing sim so far.

6. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Something as simple as too high FOV can make alot of difference in how one can feel, how tight or not a corner is in a sim (when in fact, it's the same all the time from technical point of view).
    Also because of the lack of "seat in the pants", we won't feel car's velocity as much in sim as we do in real life.

Wyslane z Tapatalk 2