Battlefront 2 gambling controversy

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by fsuarez79, Nov 20, 2017.

1. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I completely forgot about the release of Battlefront 2 until I saw a couple of TV ads. I don't play shooters as I get motion sickness but as a Star Wars fan I was curious about this game so I went on Metacritic last night to check it out and to my big surprise there was a 0.8 rating (in a scale of 10). After reading a few comments I understood why so had to google it up.
    People are simply raging on EA for their infamous micro-transactions to the point it's being investigated by Belgium's gaming commission.
    I'm glad consumers aren't sucking this one up. I'm sure EA will learn a thing or two after this one.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...as-promoting-gambling/?utm_term=.40071467d5f2

Louis likes this.
  2. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I'm on origin access and have been playing my 10 hr trial worth.. I like it as a SW fan, improves on the original and has a cool story mode. yes its not miles different, I haven't taken much notice of that debacle. but its fun online now its not pay to win/

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/swbfii-changes-launch

also listening to fans.. but the money behind this must be phenomenal.. imagine what s397 could do with that budget lol!

3. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I liked the first one but disliked the fact that it didn't have a campaign. I suck at shooters so I don't really enjoy multiplayer mode and motion sickness doesn't help the issue. This one looks even better and does have campaign mode (even though I heard it's only 4hrs long) so unfortunately I can't justify buying it but 10hr trial???? damn, wish steam had that instead of 2hrs!!

yeah, I know :(

4. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Contains swearing viewer discretion advised ;)

:D

Louis, Nibiru and fsuarez79 like this.