Bathurst is not a pCARS rip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jffo, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jffo

jffo Registered

I already mentioned my concerns in the news thread. I've made some comparisons now that I think prove the "third-party" Bathurst released by ISI is a conversion from Project CARS. It's possible that Slightly Mad Studios granted their permission for this like Reiza did for Interlagos, but unlike in that case the original studio hasn't been mentioned at all by ISI, so it's possible they are getting scammed.

I've made a comparison with screenshots from YouTube videos. The lighting conditions are very different, and the camera height and FOV are slightly different. As for the conversion itself, the trees and advertisements have been replaced and some scenery has been changed a bit, but the track mesh including elevations, kerbs and walls are all exactly the same. Major buildings, powerlines, and fences are also clearly identical. Pay particular attention to the kerbs, as well as shared inaccuracies. For instance, the uneven left track edge at the entry of turn 2, and missing sections of barriers.

This is the collage of pCARS vs rF2 vs real life: (8.3mb jpeg)
    http://l3.picsurge.com/dBb7iN/BATHURST 75.jpg

Here's an album of animated gifs that should make it even clearer:
    http://imgur.com/a/X27xP

I noticed similarities as soon as I saw the initial screenshots. Somebody else commented on ISI's YouTube video that it was the "Biggest pCars rip if I've ever seen one.". It certainly would be disappointing if it was unauthorised, and would be a realisation of my fears about the third-party content system.

2. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Nothing disappointing about it as the original owner provided permission.
    Furthermore, some surface inaccuracies were addressed, and the polygon resolution of the road meshes was dramatically increased to work with RealRoad.

Besides, both Reiza AND SMS are listed on this page: http://imagespaceinc.com/software.php :) .

Oh, and I'm not entirely convinced the source is pCARS. It reminded me more of NFS Shift material.

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I thought it was ORSM-origin...

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Yes, indeed; I couldn't sleep last night! I was also worrying and spending my time looking after all the content here to see if I could blame someone for ripping or accusing them without having read things properly. I have to do those things; it's not like a have a game I could play instead you know?

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I'm confused but uhm, o.k.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There are companies we're affiliated with. Reiza is one. SMS is another. :)

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I don't care if the Devil himself converted it, it's f**king brilliant and I'm enjoying it beyond belief.....when I get time which is SPARSE this weekend :mad:

8. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

Closed by OP request, but leaving it here for info, just in case ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.