Bad Ping When Online - Please Help!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ho3n3r, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Alrighty then. Thanks. There is nothing I can do about lowering my ping under 180ms to 200ms - that means it's getting there as fast as it can, but I was at least I was able to lower it from 600+ms, which counts as a win for me, thanks to the help here.

Luckily my internet is stable most of the time, this must be the reason I've been fully able to enjoy racing rFactor 1 online for a while.

Regardless of spikes causing latency issues due to high CPU occupancy, I have always lowered my settings to a more medium level, so that will never be a problem. I hate racing when the FPS is anything under 60.

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

180-200 isn't too bad at all. Nothing I'd be worried about anyway.

3. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Indeed, and also pretty normal in my case ;)

4. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

So it seems that the "New Prediction Algorithm" value that was added to build 382 seems to be a culprit in many cases for bad online behaviour, especially for any pings higher than 100ms.

Disabling it in the Multiplayer.ini file seems to be resolving most people's troubles. 2 leagues I know of, have already made it a requirement for this setting to be turned off by its players in order for them to be allowed to participate.

Maybe it should be refined a bit more first before we try it again.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks for replying to let everyone know the cause.

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I was also reported about jumping cars (which seemed lag in a video) in our league race yesterday. Everyone who had algorithm as 1 had this problem and we who had it at 0 didn't have that problem. So I can confirm this too.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yeah, we're aware of it now after getting larger numbers from the public. Thank you.