[b660] ModDev dont save settings

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Ha3aP, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Ha3aP

Ha3aP Registered

Build 660, devmod monitor does not memorize settings. After restarting devmod game starts with the screen 1024 without HDR. In the offline and online all works without problems.
    How to cure the problem?

2. MJP

MJP Registered

Yes it's a bug, you can copy the config.ini that gets saved in ModDev\UserData over the one that's in the root rF2 folder but then you'll still need to edit it to turn HDR or FXAA on.

A similar bug exists with the normal game too, it's the changing and saving on the in game 'Video Res' tab that causes the problem. It's ok if you use the 'Configure Sim' in the launcher (not possible on Moddev of course) to change settings everytime, just don't swap between the two.

In fact depending on how you've installed the game and how you switch the vid options you can end up with 4 config.ini files and that's without Moddev adding a couple more although I think one of those overwrites one of the normal game ones.

Going through the permutations makes my head spin but its not working as it should and needs looking at. As ever installing everything into the same folder (no not Program Files lol) continues to be the best option IMO.

3. Ha3aP

Ha3aP Registered

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I confirm this bug.... config getting saved in rf2 root. Copied the one created in my player file to the rf2 root and it remembers.

5. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

Solved but it isnt in the player folder in mine, its in the userdata folder.
    Thanks.

6. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

It´s not solved. Now, rf2 moddev works only with the video resol that is in the config.ini copied. If i change the resol en the game, when it doesnt save it. Works with the one i select but doesnt save at all.

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Right. You have to manually copy the config.ini every time you make a change. Kind of a pain.

8. fujitsu1

fujitsu1 Registered

Thanks. I think its in the whish list.