Automaton integration

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Godwind Racing, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

Because there still isn't enough cars to keep me playing. I think we could do with a car maker, one to create your own car with like you can with Beam NG Drive and Automaton and create your own specs. Because Automaton have an option to integrate cars created to Beam NG as well and more people play rF2 to Beam NG Drive, I think S397 should onsider collaborating with Camshaft Software ("maker of Automaton, a videogame for every gearhead..."). I asked the devs but they said need heavy support from S397. I love to see if they are willing to do that. It would be great and it would benefit both parties in sales if they have this option.

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

As you might or might not know, the physics for a car in rFactor 2 are generated from a huge spreadsheet. We have written many blogs in the past about various details of this spreadsheet, so it has some documentation, but I would still say you need to be a vehicle dynamics expert to make sense of it all. We can certainly support Camshaft Software by explaining our spreadsheet and answering specific questions about it.
    Out of interest though, you say there are still not enough cars to keep you playing. How many would you need? I'm just curious.

Nitrometh, mantasisg, bwana and 4 others like this.
  3. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

TBH, let's say I'm 10-13 years late in the hobby as I would've prefered GTL the most - I enjoyed your content (I don't have endurance pack yet) though not a fan of spec racing and most modern motorsport is very hard to get interested into - I tend to prefer a wide variety of cars in a grid rather than a narrow (2 or 3 brands) or just one