auto blip and auto lift on ISI gt cars

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Kelju_K, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Hey. I noticed that even when you have auto blip and auto lift disabled in the plr file, all other (ISI) gt cars auto blip and auto lift except the corvette.
    Is this the way it should be or have you guys (@ISI) forgot to implement it to the corvette? in other words, what kind of gear shifting system the corvette has in real life?

Another thing. could it be possible to forced it off from those other gt cars if one would like to drive those cars with H-shifter and and manually blipping and lifting (heel/toe)? just for the fun of it i mean.

Thanks

Kel

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Hmmm....I'm not too sure about downshifting at the moment because I think it's just habit for me to blip when downshifting but modern GT cars all have a throttle cut or an ignition cut when upshifting.

3. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

that's my impression about modern GT cars too (ignition cut on up shifts). And if i remember correctly only GT1 class allows auto blipping systems, and GT2 and lower classes would require manual throttle blip on down shifts.
    atm GT2 corvette lacks both and the GT3 camaro and GT1 Nissan GTR has both. not entirely sure about the GT4 nissan z370, havent driven it in a while...

Anyway it would be nice to have someone from ISI to come forward and tell us how they should be, since we are trying to simulate (driving) the real word cars...right?

edit:typos

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
  4. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Did some quick google research, found a pdf for super gt 2011 regulations (includes:FIA GT2, ACO LMGT2 and GT2 Open)

http://www.gtsport.es/resources/uploads/2011-tr--gt-open-aprob-.pdf

In ARTICLE 2. SERIES GRAND TOURING CAR GT2

it says following:

2.6 Electonic Systems

2.6.1) Semi-automatic or automatic gearboxes and power-driven clutches with
    electronic or pneumatic control are prohibited unless fitted on the
    homologated road car or reference car.
    In that case, the manufacturer must provide the FIA (and/or Organiser and
    Technical Department of R. F. E. de.A.) with the system for checking the control
    system of the series gearbox and/or series clutch

And in:
    ARTICLE 9: TRANSMISSION

9.1 Electronic devices

Any use of electronics whatsoever in the functioning of the drive train is prohibited.

dont know about the authenticity of the document, and the corvette is from 2009.. could someone with real knowledge possibly verify?

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Corvette 2009 GT2 has Xtrac 6-speed sequential transaxle

Here is how its done :)

2011 Tommy Milner Corvette C6.R Helmet Cam - Mid-Ohio Test

6. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

*removed*THANKS ARI for quick and accurate response.

And ISI, get your *removed* act together will you. like many veteran sim racers i did disable all aids in the plr file before getting in to playing the game. *removed*

and while i'm at it (grunting) could you enable seat tilt option in game so i dont have to edit the plr file constantly or use 2 installations. surely you understand that ones view orientation (pitch) is different if you sit low on open wheel car than it is when you sit higher on gt type car.

that's all for now.

edit: *removed to soften the tone. im pretty much over it allready, apologies*