Audio Device selectable

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by COD, Feb 15, 2012.

1. COD

COD Registered

Please make the Audio Device selectable since probably some of us do have more than one, maybe even more.
    It's very uncomfortable to switch the default device, everytime one's playing rF.
    I think, that wouldn't be a big deal for you, right? ;-)
    I don't know if you already know, but 5.1 sound is some kind of a general problem in Win7 if you use other sound devices than the onboard Realtek ones integrated on many boards.
    If you wanna make sure that it will work there also has to be an option to select 'Wave Out' instead of 'DirectSound',
    especially for all M-AUDIO users, no matter what interface of this company is being in use.
    Their drivers doesn't allow Win7 to recognize the Surround configuration correctly, so PLEASE give us these two options - my 'M-AUDIO Fast Track Ultra' was quite expensive, my new computer also (which I bought especially for rF2) so
    you probably can imagine how much I'd love to get some Surround sound with RFactor some day...

Best regards, Eric

2. mattlambertson

mattlambertson Registered

+1, I also find it very frustrating not to be able to choose the audio device, because the one I have as my default in Windows is not the one that I want to use in rFactor. Its quick to change but annoying to have to do it every time.

3. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I have 2 monitors and play rFactor on the 2nd screen using a 2nd audio device.
    My current workaround is to use a program called nircmd which allows me to create two shortcuts to switch to each sound device.
    It would be handy if rFactor could select which audio device to use, the surround sound thing sounds like it could be a problem for many users as well.